Should i go for w950i????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i think shashwat can give you more details about this phone. he's bought it recently for his sis.

regarding the SE difficult texting, its all subjective. i don't find it difficult. however, do bear in mind that this phone's cam doesn't haf autofocus.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
This whole thread was about our suggestions.

If it fulfills your requirements, then it is a good choice.

If you dont mind camera, go for N73 or 5700 too in the pricerange.

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
Thanx every1.

infra_red_dude said:
i think shashwat can give you more details about this phone. he's bought it recently for his sis.

regarding the SE difficult texting, its all subjective. i don't find it difficult. however, do bear in mind that this phone's cam doesn't haf autofocus.
Actually m very used to nokia's texting system. And believe me, its a lot better than ericsson's. Also it's difficult to press the *, #, and 0 keys on the w580's keypad.

Another problem i found with the phone is the battery life.

alsiladka said:
This whole thread was about our suggestions.

If it fulfills your requirements, then it is a good choice.

If you dont mind camera, go for N73 or 5700 too in the pricerange.
oh yes, now i dont mind camera. Coz there r really no non-cam phones that suit my needs really well. wud love to buy n73 me but the price here is still 16k. 5700 has good features but i did not like its design really that much.

the w950 is not available in alfa, mumbai. and my mom wont allow me to buy a cell which m not sure if the company discontinued it or if the phone is available for 28500/- at some shops and for 10000/- at others. She is a bit extra cautious about the warranty thing, etc. She wud rather put some extra bucks and buy me another cell than the w950.

btw any idea whether w910 is available in india or not.

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

About the keypad issue, even i faced difficulties when i switched from Nokia to SE. But now i don't have any problems. Infact all my posts since the last one month have been made from my W710i's browser (as due to some reason i can't access thinkdigit forum from my pc over nop). Similarly you can also get used to it. W580i is a good phone that i'll definitely recommend. Only the camera sucks. If you want a better camera get W610i. Samsung U600 is also an excellent phone which comes for 14k.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
krazyfrog said:
About the keypad issue, even i faced difficulties when i switched from Nokia to SE. But now i don't have any problems. Infact all my posts since the last one month have been made from my W710i's browser (as due to some reason i can't access thinkdigit forum from my pc over nop). Similarly you can also get used to it. W580i is a good phone that i'll definitely recommend. Only the camera sucks. If you want a better camera get W610i. Samsung U600 is also an excellent phone which comes for 14k.

Hey krazy,
How do you connect your NOP to your PC. NOP is not supposed to work on a pc, and has the TCP port disabled.

Pathik

Google Bot
Nop does work on pc wit extra init settings.. Btw krazy y aint it still working?? Btw use opera on pc to access all errors

K

krazyfrog

I dunno what the problem is. When i try to access some sites, it fails to open and instead a file with the name of that site starts getting downloaded. The file can't be opened since it doesn't have any extension. This happens with many sites. However i can access them through the phone. Also Opera doesn't work at all. Also i can't download files over 3mb, neither in phone nor on pc. Honestly i'm quite fed up of all this non-sense. Only reason i'm using it is because its cheap.

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
Hey guys. Finally got myself a w580i. Am posting from the cell itself right now. The blinking lights in the cell are really amazing. I got this cell for 12550. I got the grew coloured one. The black coloured one was for 12850 but wasn't available otherwise i would have bought that one. Anyways i am really enjoying my cell;)
And i am very glad that you guys helped me in my decision. Thanx everyone:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom