Should I go for Dell XPS 15 core i3 ?

surya2141

Right off the assembly line
I'd been researching laptops in the 40-45k segment and shortlisted the Lenovo z570 core i5 and inspiron 15r core i5. But I was really surprised when I found a Dell XPS 15 priced at 39k. But the system is an core i3 first gen version.
Should I go for the superior build quality in the XPS or stick with the others?
Is there a manufacturing defect or something which brought down the price of the XPS? I'm not that much of a gamer, anything above a 525m card is more than enough for me and a core i3 will be fine since I'm only gonna be using the system for coding.

Prongs298

In the zone
go for the xps, you are gonna love it. But you can also look at the hp dv4 or the acers with better gfx cards.

aroraanant

Explorer
I saw a listing of an xps laptop on letsbuy few days back with 1st gen i5 for 39k.
So its not worth buying an xps with 1st gen i3 for 39k.
And there is a lot of difference in 1st gen and 2nd gen processors.
Would suggest you to stay away form 1st gen processors.
XPS is undoubtedly a very good machine.I think by spending just few thousands bugs more you can get a 2nd i3 and the model will be latest with all latest specs(latest motherboard and latest ram etc).
There was offer going on dell's ebay official store,they were offering flat 3k off on any laptop but you missed it as the offer expired on 24th dec.
You can also look out for Asus laptops they are also very good,though it is a new company but their laptops are very good.
Would also suggest you to stay away from HP and lenovo

aroraanant

Explorer
Some of my friends bought Lenovo, and they all are not satisfied with their performance,the performance of lenovo laptops(priced around 40k or less or even more) decreases with time and also they are not much durable or can say the build quality is not good

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Better go with Asus. They have plenty of great models for every budget.
+1...

Dell XPS no doubt better but Asus are sure VFM.......

Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

OR

Asus K Series K43SA-VX040D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

OP
S

surya2141

Right off the assembly line
thanks a lot, everyone for the replies.
So its down to Asus or Acer.
Has anyone here bought the acer timelinex 5830tg ?
Acer Aspire TimelineX AS5830TG-6402

Top Bottom