should I get PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim?

Dr. House

No Regrets
PS4 500 GB+ Uncharted 4 bundle sells for 260$ (around 17k) in USA.

Don't pay more premium, get the cheapest one possible in India (paytm: Buy Sony PlayStation PS4 Slim 500 GB Console Online at Low Prices in India - Paytm.co for 23800 including cashback)
Sorry for high jacking this thread as I am on the same situation as Vineet, so don't want to waste another thread.
Where is the warranty info in paytm link?

Last edited:
OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
No problem in hijacking!
As paytm is not responsible for any warranty claims, they wouldn't put it on their site. The seller ("ECON SALES" in your link) will provide you the bill which would be required in case of warranty claim. One would simply have to show the bill to sony service center representatives. Same rules as buying from any site.
In description, the origin says "India", so you must get the warranty without any problem. However, it would be better to confirm the same with ECON SALES or payTM customer care, just to be very sure.

Dr. House

No Regrets
No problem in hijacking!
As paytm is not responsible for any warranty claims, they wouldn't put it on their site. The seller ("ECON SALES" in your link) will provide you the bill which would be required in case of warranty claim. One would simply have to show the bill to sony service center representatives. Same rules as buying from any site.
In description, the origin says "India", so you must get the warranty without any problem. However, it would be better to confirm the same with ECON SALES or payTM customer care, just to be very sure.
Hi! thanks Vineet :)
I mean on that page there is no mentioning of manufacturer warranty anywhere unlike all other products sold in paytm
There are some imported dubai PS4 slim 500GB on ebay with no or seller warranty for just 21k (with promo code)
New Imported Sony Play Station 4 (PS4) 500 GB Console with One Controller Black

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
yes, the ebay one doesn't come with warranty as its imported by seller. But the one on paytm is Indian and should have warranty:

upload_2017-6-13_15-39-5.png

well, you should confirm with payTM customer care, just to be more sure, before buying :)

Dr. House

No Regrets
yes, the ebay one doesn't come with warranty as its imported by seller. But the one on paytm is Indian and should have warranty:

View attachment 16883
well, you should confirm with payTM customer care, just to be more sure, before buying :)
I know they have written India but I am not sure of authorised manufacturer warranty as recently I bought a 2.1A charger from sony for Rs.700 through snapdeal (they wrote manufacturer warranty of 6 months) and somehow it stopped charging in 5 months. I went to authorised service centre and found out that this product is not under authorised warranty as per serial code, engineer said please talk snapdeal regarding this. I talked snapdeal and they said they will provide me refund but later they declined as seller refused to believe that. I feel cheated that I wasted Rs. 700. Since then I am very sceptical for sony products.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I know they have written India but I am not sure of authorised manufacturer warranty as recently I bought a 2.1A charger from sony for Rs.700 through snapdeal (they wrote manufacturer warranty of 6 months) and somehow it stopped charging in 5 months. I went to authorised service centre and found out that this product is not under authorised warranty as per serial code, engineer said please talk snapdeal regarding this. I talked snapdeal and they said they will provide me refund but later they declined as seller refused to believe that. I feel cheated that I wasted Rs. 700. Since then I am very sceptical for sony products.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Well, for expensive purchases like these, Its better to rely on sony store, amazon.com, flipkart instead of snapdeal or paytm. (Specially snapdeal!). Pay some extra but atleast it would be worth it ;)

Dr. House

No Regrets
Thanks for sharing your experience!
Well, for expensive purchases like these, Its better to rely on sony store, amazon.com, flipkart instead of snapdeal or paytm. (Specially snapdeal!). Pay some extra but atleast it would be worth it ;)
Yeah! snapdeal is cheater. Flipkart is selling PS4 1TB with media warranty that looks like some seller warranty. So cant rely on them either.

What about this seller from ebay who calming to provide invoice with sony india warranty? I need two controllers and this looks like great deal with coupon code that deducts 9% through debit card payment. Final price would be 27k bundled with 2 controllers.

SONY PS4 PLAYSTATION4 500GB SLIM (CUH-2008A) CONSOLE + 1EXTRA FREE CONTROLLER@

Last edited:
OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
^^ looks good to me, but not sure why the extra controller is going to be outside the console box:

KINDLY NOTE : THIS PRODUCT COMES WITH 1 CONTROLLER INSIDE THE PACK AND 1 FREE EXTRA CONTROLLER WHICH SHALL BE PACKED WITH THE BOX OUTSIDE!!

The extra DS4 controller bundle released by Sony has both the controllers inside the box, not outside.
Maybe the bundle would be standard one (PS4 slim with one DS4 controller), and a Dualshock 3 controller outside? There is hardly any difference between a DS3 and DS4 controller though. Maybe you would like to check this out with the seller first?

If I were you, I would pay the extra 2k and buy it from amazon (PS4 500GB Slim with Additional DS4: Playstation 4: Amazon.in: Video Games) for complete peace of mind.

Dr. House

No Regrets
^^ looks good to me, but not sure why the extra controller is going to be outside the console box:

KINDLY NOTE : THIS PRODUCT COMES WITH 1 CONTROLLER INSIDE THE PACK AND 1 FREE EXTRA CONTROLLER WHICH SHALL BE PACKED WITH THE BOX OUTSIDE!!

The extra DS4 controller bundle released by Sony has both the controllers inside the box, not outside.
Maybe the bundle would be standard one (PS4 slim with one DS4 controller), and a Dualshock 3 controller outside? There is hardly any difference between a DS3 and DS4 controller though. Maybe you would like to check this out with the seller first?

If I were you, I would pay the extra 2k and buy it from amazon (PS4 500GB Slim with Additional DS4: Playstation 4: Amazon.in: Video Games) for complete peace of mind.
Haha! no they are shipping with DS4 v2 not the DS3 of PS3 :D
Amazon was selling it for 27-28k few days ago, they raised to 29k now. There is comment in amazon that says: "The first time I opened the box the Extra DS4 was in another box but it was the Older Version of DS4 not the V2 which comes with every slim model now so keep that in mind when you consider buying this offer..."
Amazon.in: Nipun J.'s review of PS4 500GB Slim with Additional DS4

Last edited:
OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
oh sorry, I meant DS4 previous version controller only (the one which comes with standard PS4 model)
Congrats buddy, nice purchase! :)

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Would love to do it :)

1. Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheel with pedals
2. xbox one 500GB console (middle rack)
3. Bose companion 5 2.1 desktop speaker system (sub-woofer on lower rack)
4. PS4 Pro 1 TB console (behind steering wheel)
5. LG 24" IPS panel (24MP88HV-s)
6. Logitech g402 gaming mouse
7. Asus Cerberus 30500 gaming keyboard
8. Gaming computer housed in Corsair SPEC Alpha chassis (specs in my signature)

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Nice. Whats the cost of the wheel setup. Currently unavailable in amazon. What games do you play with it?

I bought it for around 7.5k, like 2 years ago from amazon. Maybe its outdated now..I am not sure. I play Euro Truck Simulator, need for speed's, dirt 2 and sometimes just drive here and there in GTA V :D
WoW, Such a nice setup. Happy Gaming.

Thank you @bssunilreddy :), greatly appreciated!

ezio16

Journeyman
Hi,

I'm planning for my first gaming console as PS4. Decided to get PS4 Pro (even though I don't own a 4K) just to be sure it's not outdated anytime soon.
But read somewhere (PS5: what will the Sony PlayStation 5 be like and when will we see it? | TechRadar) that there is a chance that Sony may release it's next PS Console PS5 by 2018 or early 2019 (6 years gap between every ps & ps4 was first released in 2013). However the support would be slowly stopped and not possible to play future games after that.

If so what would be my situation then :( ?

Is it better to get Pro or I'm better off buying PS4 Slim and save some bucks there ?
Please advise.

threeonethree

Journeyman
Hi,

I'm planning for my first gaming console as PS4. Decided to get PS4 Pro (even though I don't own a 4K) just to be sure it's not outdated anytime soon.
But read somewhere (PS5: what will the Sony PlayStation 5 be like and when will we see it? | TechRadar) that there is a chance that Sony may release it's next PS Console PS5 by 2018 or early 2019 (6 years gap between every ps & ps4 was first released in 2013). However the support would be slowly stopped and not possible to play future games after that.

If so what would be my situation then :( ?

Is it better to get Pro or I'm better off buying PS4 Slim and save some bucks there ?
Please advise.

Considering the price difference of around 12-13K between PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro currently, I would suggest to go for the PS4 slim if you do not own a 4k TV. You can play all games on it for 3-4 years and sell everything for half price. By that time PS5 would have already arrived with a good game library and then you can use the saved money to invest in the next gen 4K TV,PS5 and VR. The next gen ecosystem would have also matured by then.

However if money is not an issue and you already have a 4K TV then you can go for PS4 PRO.

ezio16

Journeyman
Considering the price difference of around 12-13K between PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro currently, I would suggest to go for the PS4 slim if you do not own a 4k TV. You can play all games on it for 3-4 years and sell everything for half price. By that time PS5 would have already arrived with a good game library and then you can use the saved money to invest in the next gen 4K TV,PS5 and VR. The next gen ecosystem would have also matured by then.

However if money is not an issue and you already have a 4K TV then you can go for PS4 PRO.

Thanks for your reply @threeonethree .
As of now, I have dropped the plan of Gaming Console and planning to build a gaming rig with Ryzen 5.
Money is a problem obviously :D but the difference between PS4 Slim and PRO were just 5 K during the Amazon great Indian Sale that's gonna end today I think.
However I'll have to start building a gaming rig next month and can wait till PS5 ;) .

Top Bottom