Should i buy this laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
Hi guys.. Check this laptop out

*www.zenith-india.com/zenithhome-directorplusultra(os).aspx

Good Config and good price too.. Just 38800 Rs.. Wht do you say? Should i buy this?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Yes u can go for it. In this thread I'm suggesting Zenith laptops for a long time. In puja time they offered the same model at 32k bucks.
Here goes my analysis for the mentioned laptop

• Postive

1. Good processor. C2D 8400 is Penryn (based on 45nm Fabrication). hence less power consumtion and it is having 1066 MHz FSB and 3 MB of L2 cache (compared to 800 MHz FSB and 1 MB L2 Cache of 5XXX and 6XXX series C2Ds)
  2. Good Graphics card for casual gaming. In this price, the offering is really great compared to Indian standard of laptops
  3. 320 GB HDD.
  4. PCI E /Slot 54 expansion slot. Good for adding various components like PCMCA adaptor, meomry etc.
  5. USB, e-SATA combo. Buy an e-SATA enabled external HDD. U can have greater speed than normal USB 2.0 interface.

• Cons

1. Only 2 GB of DDR2 ram. atleast 3GB is expected. Right now DDR2 price for both Desktop and laptop is increasing. Suggestion is upgrade it to 4GB. Right now 2 GB 800 MHz 204 pin DDR2 laptop ram costs around 2.3k
  2. Only 2 USB ports
Overall it is a good buy.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Why r u going to buy 4 GB memory module?
2 GB is there already. So buy another 2 GB stick and install it. And price is mentioned in my answer.

Just read the answer carefully b4 asking questions.

OP
Arun the Gr8

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
2 GB is there already. So buy another 2 GB stick and install it. And price is mentioned in my answer.

i asked about a 4 GB ram chip to make a total of 6 GB... And fyi, i did read ur ans CAREFULLY. So do u hav d ans fro my REAL ques?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
6GB RAM on a laptop? do you think that you will use more than 3GB of RAM ever? moreover, unless you have 64-bit OS, you will not be able to use more than 3.5GB of RAM. make your purchase wisely. more RAM doesn't always mean better performance.

And I would rather pick Acer's and Dell's over Zenith's.

adirawat20

Broken In

Yeah he is right. Buy the laptop and increse its ram.
NOTE: we can only increase harddisk and ram of a laptop. Nothing other,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom