Should I buy Sony Xperia SL @ Rs.21600/- ?

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Hi
Do you recommend buying Sony Xperia SL at Rs.21600 from indiatimes? I mean, is the phone a nice choice for this price? Secondly, can this website be trusted?

Thanks!

sbnaul

Broken In
*www.ebay.in/itm/Brand-New-Original...33734?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item2576176186 ebay + power seller...

OP
P

priyankgupta

Journeyman
But it says that the warranty is "Dealer Warranty" whereas what I am looking for is "Sony Mobile India Warranty".
Secondly, are there any cons of this handset?

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
The price is good, and other than battery life, i think the SL is a good phone. I do not trust Indiatimes though, have never bought anything from there- let other members also share their views.

dharmil007

Journeyman
The price is good, and other than battery life, i think the SL is a good phone. I do not trust Indiatimes though, have never bought anything from there- let other members also share their views.

IndiaTimes is a good & site
u will receive it
i have bought many mobiles from the same site

tkin

Back to school!!
Stay away from all dealer warranty, say it borks after 6 months, he won't service it, what can you do? Nothing.

I keep hearing a lot of bad things about Timesdeal, I'll suggest to stay away.

Neo

I have bought some things from indiatimes. It can be trusted. You cab also opt for COD if available.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Stay away from all dealer warranty, say it borks after 6 months, he won't service it, what can you do? Nothing.

I keep hearing a lot of bad things about Timesdeal, I'll suggest to stay away.

Timesdeal is fraud
Few monthsback they had an ad for SX 150 they showed the orginal price as 16k and that they are selling it for 9.6K(The official Shop price back then)

OP
P

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Ebay mentions "Dealer warranty" whereas Indiatimes says "Manufacturer Warranty". Shouldn't I prefer Manufacturer warranty, although it is selling for Rs.1500 more than ebay?

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Ebay mentions "Dealer warranty" whereas Indiatimes says "Manufacturer Warranty". Shouldn't I prefer Manufacturer warranty, although it is selling for Rs.1500 more than ebay?

Manufacturer warranty for sure. Unless the seller on Ebay is from the same city in which you are . In that case , IMO , dealer warranty is fine too.

tkin

Back to school!!
If you want to buy from Indiatimes go for COD, check the package thoroughly berfore paying, make sure to check the invoice, check for VAT no. TIN no. and also the imei of the phone must be written on the bill as well, check the package seal, then pay.

rider

as Kratos
@priyankgupta 21600 in hand! why not incredible Galaxy Nexus 16GB with HD Super AMOLED screen and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean?

rider

as Kratos
Too slow hardware for a supposedly 22k phone.

Yeah hardware wise its not up to the mark. But the real time user experience of nexus device is trillion times better than timescape sony. For general tasks its a much better anyday.

OP
P

priyankgupta

Journeyman
@priyankgupta 21600 in hand! why not incredible Galaxy Nexus 16GB with HD Super AMOLED screen and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean?

Well, lets see the features that don't attract me to this phone :
1) it is old (october 2011)
2) while the internal is 16GB, there is no card slot.
3) camera is 5 MP with 24fps.
4) A chipset, which I have never heard of
5) Low processing power
6) No Radio support
7) No GLONASS support

All the comparisons were made in contrast of Sony Xperia SL (since they both fall very much in the same price bracket). :p

tkin

Back to school!!
Well, lets see the features that don't attract me to this phone :
1) it is old (october 2011)
2) while the internal is 16GB, there is no card slot.
3) camera is 5 MP with 24fps.
4) A chipset, which I have never heard of
5) Low processing power
6) No Radio support
7) No GLONASS support

All the comparisons were made in contrast of Sony Xperia SL (since they both fall very much in the same price bracket). :p
1. True.
2. True, but only for music/movie lovers.
3. True.
4. :facepalm:
5. True, but only for the GPU, the CPU is solid.
6. True.
7. Its useless, GPS is a lot faster.

OP
P

priyankgupta

Journeyman
As for the CPU, I compared it with Xperia SL, which has 1.7 GHz dual core. And is the chipset nice? (Sorry, but I haven't heard of it)?

Top Bottom