Should i buy Motorola Defy+ from Flipkart?

prantik007

Right off the assembly line
I am thinking of buying the Motorola Defy plus from Flipkart.com is it safe or should i buy it locally? anybody used flipkart for mobile purchase? hows the packaging & quality? it costs Rs15990 at flipkart.com and Rs16500 locally. Also since Flipkart bought letsbuy.com, should i order from letsbuy? :razz:
also please share ur reviews on this phone :wink:

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Buy from flipkart only... Its delivery is good nd u can choose cash on delivery..
Although flipkart has bought letsbuy but its complete takeover will take some time....

Buy from flipkart only... Its delivery is good nd u can choose cash on delivery..
Although flipkart has bought letsbuy but its complete takeover will take some time....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I have brought stuffs worth 10k from Flipkart till now. Received all in 1-4 days time. But COD mayn't be available on such high priced product.

OP
P

prantik007

And any reviews about the phone? I want some personal thoughts bcoz i have already Googled

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I am pretty sure COD is available on a product of this price. Why? Bought a phone costing Rs.10,499 from there via cash on delivery :wink:

Yes you can safely buy from them.

aroraanant

Explorer
You can buy from any one of them both are very good in all the aspects.
I have purchased many products like Sony laptop,HTC Incredible S,Nikon S8100 camera and many more things for myself and my friends and didn't had any issue with the packaging or shipment.
And I have also heard/read that "flipkart has bought letsbuy" is a rumor.
Apart from that you can also consider SE Neo V also,it is also a very good phone

OP
P

prantik007

I have purchased many products like Sony laptop,HTC Incredible S,Nikon S8100 camera and many more things for myself and my friends and didn't had any issue with the packaging or shipment.
Apart from that you can also consider SE Neo V also,it is also a very good phone

Budget is 16k max. also defy plus is a rugged phone,so thats a good point

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
you can buy from letsbuy or flipkart, both of them sells genuine quality product. but flipkart's delivery is faster, so if price is same, then flipkart is preferable.

Now about the phone, I am a proud owner of defy. There are some not so good things about the phone though, still its the best you can get within the budget.

issues if you want to know,
not so good camera qulity
no dedicated DAC chip installed (digital to analog convertor) still delivers decent sound specially with poweramp.
Stock earphone is a PITA
the color of the rubberized back cover is fading a little

Defy comes within 14k I guess, Defy+ has nothing more than a bigger battery and slightly better camera module(bayer) and of course Gingerbread. Now, since Defy(or Defy+) has official CM support, unless you are not gonna use custom rom, buying defy+ over Defy is not VFM IMO.

One more thing, if you wanna stick with Defy+, I heard that its below 15k in Ebay, you might check there too. I bought my Defy From Ebay for 13.5k, when nowhere else it was available below 14.5k. and in Kolkata, those few shops, who had Defy in their store, was selling it for 15.5k-16k

No, its official. Flipkart has bought Letsbuy and Myntra. Thats why, No letsbuy coupons are available in market

aroraanant

Explorer
No, its official. Flipkart has bought Letsbuy and Myntra. Thats why, No letsbuy coupons are available in market

Read this:
Flipkart acquiring LetsBuy is a rumor: Hitesh Dhingra — Entrepreneur India

And from where you got to know that Flipkart has also bought Myntra?

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
its allover the web

Flipkart acquires Letsbuy, fashion retailer Myntra raises Rs 100 crore - Economic Times

about myntra, its not clear till now, since Tiger Global pulled out from letsbuy, they invested around 100 crores in myntra, but there is rumor going on about, flipkart has taken over Myntra also.

just went through your link, its interesting. When did this news released?

aroraanant

Explorer
Ya I know...
I have read the similar kind of news(but was about letsbuy only) on TOI website also,you can have a look at that here

The above news(on entrepreneur India) was released on 8th or 9th Feb I think

vetdrchandan

Broken In
Flipkart is very safe site go for it. But also consider SE Neo v. I was too eager to buy Defy+ but now I am thinking to buy SE Neo V.

Top Bottom