Should I buy Dell SP2008WFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooki

Broken In
i have a se198wfp ( getting a 207wfp soon) and an xfx 8600gt with a quad core proc and 2 gb of ram.
COD4 plays well with everything on max. turn up the aa and it lags a bit, rest is perfect.

with the 8600gt ddr2- crysis WONT play well above 1024x768 with all medium. after that it gets unplayable.
bottom line, u can play most of ur games with native res, but crysis is a BIG NO!

Kush6

Broken In
All games will run on native resolution - my point was pushing up the AA and AF - thats where the card will be underpowered - it won't be able to utilize all 512 MB of GDDR3 RAM - assuming its a 512MB version.

OP
Liverpool_fan

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
If your getting the 20", I would not recommend pushing newer games above low. Older games - I mean at least 4 years old - Max Payne 2 and stuff. Should run fine with older games on medium or even high. I'm not sure if it runs cool but it should be okay in the Jhansi that you have.
Note: Not sure a 390W PSU can take this load - you should upgrade that PSU ASAP.

Mine is a Cooler Master 390W SMPS. It will have a true wattage rating will it not? I'm sure it will easily handle 8600GT along with my current spec:
(1) AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ (65W)
(2) ASUS M2A-VM (35W?Not sure)
(3) Western Digital Caviar SE16 2500AAKS (35W?Not sure)
(4) Samsung DVD writer and Samsung Optical Drive (60 W? Not sure)
(5) Cabinet + Fans + PCI Add On Cards(30W?Not sure)
Total: 225W (surely below this) and I dont think 8600GT takes more than 85W?

What do you guys think?

Kush6

Broken In
I don't know, most PSUs can't offer anything above 85% efficiency - rare and hi-fi stuff like Zippy and Enermax touch 90% - but otherwise CoolerMaster and the like stick to around 80%. See if it is 80Plus certified otherwise it will be 70% typical efficiency and for a 390W PSU, thats low. So I think you will need a new one.
You mentioned all the typical values, take the extreme - all peaks and see if it adds up. I am not so sure here but I think you'd be safer with a 500W PSU. maybe the cooler Master Extreme power or a Zebronics - its just 2K or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom