Should go for Internal HDD or External HDD

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I have an 60 GB Internal HDD for quite sometime now which is insufficient and I plan to upgrade to either 500 GB or 1 TB HDD.However I'm undecided as to whether I should go for an internal HDD or an external HDD.I know that external is going to cost more but still wanted to check that.

Can someone please suggest me the pros and cons of these and let me know which one would be a better option. I have started collecting quite a number of HD Movies due to which my HDD is getting full. So need to upgrade soon.

Come on guys give me some suggestions!
I'm sure there are many out there who can help me out decide.

tkin

Back to school!!
Internal drives: Faster, more reliable, allows os install, allows program install and execution, cheaper.

External Drives: Portable.

Take your pick.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yes, tkin has mentioned above the pros and cons.
So, internal will be much preffered and also costs less.
BTW
for performance:
WDC BLUE 500GB -- 1.7k
for cool and quite + storage:
WDC Green 1TB -- 2.6k
for speed performance:
WDC Black 1TB -- 4.4k

But if you wanna get performance a 1TB HDD for under 1k then go for Seagate 1TB at 2.6k

But from your old HDD i guess if you have SATA connectors on your MoBo. So, check it first.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Even I wanted to go with internal because I have been having this 60 GB for quite sometime now.

Yes, tkin has mentioned above the pros and cons.
So, internal will be much preffered and also costs less.
BTW
for performance:
WDC BLUE 500GB -- 1.7k
for cool and quite + storage:
WDC Green 1TB -- 2.6k
for speed performance:
WDC Black 1TB -- 4.4k

But if you wanna get performance a 1TB HDD for under 1k then go for Seagate 1TB at 2.6k

But from your old HDD i guess if you have SATA connectors on your MoBo. So, check it first.
Thanks for the info. But I didn't get you when you said 1 TB HDD For under 1k and you mentioned the price as 2.6k? Can you explain in more detail what you wanted to share about the old HDD and SATA connectors not sure what you were trying to convey?

The old 60 GB HDD is an IDE HDD.

Also one more thing I need to check is will my motherboard support 1 TB? Also will 1 GB RAM be sufficient?

HailStonE

Broken In
If you want to move data then you should get an External 500GB or 1TB HDD with USB 3.0 interface... (Its backward compatible with USB 2.0).. It will be future proof & portable for your needs..

Try WD Elements...

Top Bottom