Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
This is a web based shortwave radio with the receiver in .nl

Wide-band WebSDR in JO32KF

I found some Hindi stations and lost them

then listened to North Korea Radio for a while, lost station,

now listening to NHK Japan 15290 kHz .... and they stopped lol.

You can also listen to Numbers stations

just post interesting frequencies

Re: Web based Shortwave Radio

IIRC there was this infamous Russian shortwave channel that came in at times but had some beeper sound 24x7 (probably urban myth).

For a moment I thought 'What? we can broadcast radiowaves from the internet?' Too much caffeine :/

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

bunch of data type stations between 400 and 420 kHz
the russian one is prolly true, but which one will be a pain to find out. the well known ones are marked in the link (pip, buzzer), but those are silent atm.

- - - Updated - - -

198 - bbc news
7550, 9445, 11740 - All India Radio, mix of hindi film music, and news reports and bulletins in clear and simple english. All channels are identical. first one is clearest. after signoff, they usually tell timing and frequencies of next broadcast. The varying channels are meant for different continents. They also sign off with "Good Bye, Jai Hind". Really like that.
1008 - high bandwidth rock ballads.

3803 - Russian M18, periodically active
7045-7200, 14000-14350 - many amateur voice signals, of varying clarity
there are some frequencies marked "japanese slot machine"... these sound like the russian code stations, but info is less about these
2578, 2656, 6445 are examples

[STRIKE]Found a US channel at 1645, seems like something from the 80s?[/STRIKE] I think it's German or French now lol

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

it's ok, the timestamps with the frequency should give idea
the bands change, and the timings are according to schedule. little painful I know.
here are some schedules
Vividh Bharti Short Wave Services
National Channel

discovering other uses also... there are clock frequencies that are always broadcasting time codes. this is used around the world to co-ordinate keeping accurate count of time.
It's also used for smart metering in the energy grid, don't understand, can someone explain? EFR GmbH :: Home
Energy management via long-wave radio. EFR’s three transmitters, each with a range of 500 kilometres, give reliable coverage over a large part of Central Europe.
then there is a wide band of noise, larger than fm for navigation. LORAN LORAN - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom