Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray dies at 86 in Mumbai after prolonged illness

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
A pall of gloom descended on Matoshri as Shiv Sena founder Bal Thackeray died of cardiac arrest in Mumbai on Saturday. He was 86. He is survived by his wife Mina and sons Jaidev and Uddhav, who is the executive president of the Shiv Sena.

Thackeray had been unwell since July this year when he was admitted to Mumbai's Lilavati Hospital for breathlessness and constipation. He was released after a week in hospital, and was undergoing treatment at his Bandra residence, Matoshree.

Born on January 1926, founder of Shiv Sena Balasaheb Keshav Thackeray began his professional career as a cartoonist with the English language daily The Free Press Journal in Mumbai. He left it in 1960 to form his own political weekly Marmik.

Read more at:Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray dies at 86 in Mumbai after prolonged illness : Bal Thackeray, News - India Today

Source

May his Soul Rest in Peace.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
he had potential for a great leader but unfortunately he was a regional bigot , first he targeted south indians then north indians ...MNS is a product of his ideology

AcceleratorX

Youngling
I guess I have mixed feelings about this guy; one one hand he was a strong nationalist leader and on the other hand he had been extremely immature in his antics...

AcceleratorX

Youngling
nationalist? how?

Language and culture issues aside he never made any secessionist speeches; supported Indian Army's advances/progress and was all for protection of "India" as an entity. So the man wasn't all bad, especially towards the end. But we all know the bad things that came from him as well.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I guess I have mixed feelings about this guy; one one hand he was a strong nationalist leader and on the other hand he had been extremely immature in his antics...

Absolutely endorsing your idea @AcceleratorX
+1

May His Soul Rest In Peace.

Shri Bal Thackeray had immense potential and thoughts(Positive + Negative),to become one of the greatest Leaders in India,but his negative thoughts(superseding his positive thoughts:mostly ancient nature be it in religion, regionalism,confinement within Mumbai and some parts of Maharashtra)overshadowed and stopped him to become a True Pan Indian National Leader.

sainath

Android Addicted
RIP emperor of hindu hearts Balasaheb Thackeray. To See the power of Balasaheb Thackeray then just on TV and watch any Indian news channel.

Flash

Lost in speed
A tribute:
Bal Thackeray's Rare cartoons --> Photos: In his cartoons, Bal Thackeray displayed a keen sense of humour and acerbic wit that would take off from the events in Maharashtra and the rest of the country, pictures courtesy/ fatkare. Published by Prabodhan Prakashan

Flash

Lost in speed
The fact that i admire about him - He stood for what he thought is RIGHT, no matter what others say.
It takes a real GUT to be like that. Some things/persons are best known, when they are no more in our reach.

Top Bottom