shareaza query..

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hello ppl,
irecently started using shareaza for my bit torrent downloads..but i found that i was forced to download all the files even though i didnt want to download them all..
well if u havent understood it..let me explain
suppose i am downloading a game which is of 2 cds..but i want to download just 1 of them since i may already have the 2nd..how do i make shareaza download just 1 out of the 2 cds..it is by random dwding both..

ne help pls..
Thanx.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
well if the torrent u r tryin 2 download has both files in it, then shareaza will download both of them....try lookin 4 a torrent that gives u a single CD instead of both....dunno if this helps though....

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
bit tornado doesnt seem to work ...ne torrent be it withh 1000 seeds too..but it still gives me an error connecting to tracker..:(
bit spirit works though..and its good..
but shareaza speeds are always more than ne of these...that is why i asked..

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hi ms123,
i do have the latest version 3.0.10.
infact i tried installing all the version right from 3.0.8
but all gave me the same errors..dunno why.

Thanx neways.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I haven't used Shareaza yet so I may not be able to give you any accurate answers but I will try. I use BitComet. When I have to download a torrent that has more than one file, BC client gives me the option to choose the files that I want to download first. It can also be done by rightclicking on the torrent file in the queue and going to its properties. Then you can uncheck the files that you don't want to download.

Although this is for BitComet, try and see if a similar such feature has been integrated into Shareaza. Who knows, you might get lucky. Or else, there is always BitComet! ;)

P.S. I will try the shareaza client tonight and will try to find out a way to help you if possible. :)

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hey ppl,
can someone give me the perfect azureus 2.2.0.2 settings for a 64 kbps line.
i searche many forums and all say that azureus is the best client ever created..but i somehow am not able to make the most out of it..getting just 1.5 kB/s or max 3.1 kB/s
can someone please help me out on this..

thanks.
p.S. : I am not writing anything. I am using a voice recognition software. This is so cool. no need to type anything.and making some mistakes though.
:)

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
even im using azureus 2.2.0.2 and have a 64 kbps line. i too get speeds of 3.1 KBps. i've tried tweaking the settings a lot but the speed remains the same. don't expect too much from a 64 kbps line. just because azureus is the best dosen't mean it will magically improve your bandwidth. if you want faster speeds, the only solution is to get a better connection.

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hi drvarun,
i know we cant xpect much from a 64 kbps connection..but you know something..i get 8-9 KB/s during the day and 11-13 KB/s at nite with bit spirit and shareaza..
but since i have heard that azureus is the best..i tried it out but got just 3.1-4.7 KB/s
so i wont mind sticking around with shareaza and bit-spirit..
oh btw try bit spirit people..it is very very user friendly..

THx.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
It's a common refrain that Azureus is the best but I found out that lots depends upon what works the best for you. While BitComet gives me constant speeds of 30k, Azureus wont budge over 15k. Many of the people I talked to on the Azureus and BitComet forums related the same problems. Sometime those using Azureus got better speeds with BitComet and swithced over. Sometimes long-time user of BitComet found out that Azureus worked better and jumped ships. So atlast it all boils down to what works the best for you.

One thing that can work in favour of Azureus is that its very popular. If you are downloading a torrent and there are more peers using Azureus, your client will get priority downloads from them. So that means faster downloads. But now many Clients have started emulating Azureus, fooling other Azureus clients to believe that you are also using the same client, thus giving you priority.

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hello ppl,
i need help regarding bit tornado as i have stated above..it fails to download ne torrent..it says error connecting to tracker or connectiong timeout..no matter which torrent i try even if they have 100 seeds n peers..the same torrent when tried with bit-spirit works and starts downloading..the same problem happens with burst! which is one of my favourite clients it says connection refused or timeout..
can someone help me out..

Thanx.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Some of the torrents force you to register at the tracker site before you can start downloading. Some ban a certain client and prevent its users from downloading anything from them.

When the torrents time-out, are these torrents from the same source? If yes, then maybe this site has banned the clients except for Bit Spirit.

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
yes...the source is the same..i also see ur point that the client may be banned..but i see no reason why a client like bit tornado which is one of the most used client may be banned..?
can i fake it to be same other client??is there ne such way?

neways HAPPY HOLI!!

edited: ok ppl,i tried changing the ports and stuff from 6881-6999 to 16881-16999..but still i get a bad data from tracker error.

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
ctrl_alt_del said:
One thing that can work in favour of Azureus is that its very popular. If you are downloading a torrent and there are more peers using Azureus, your client will get priority downloads from them. So that means faster downloads. But now many Clients have started emulating Azureus, fooling other Azureus clients to believe that you are also using the same client, thus giving you priority.
hi..i just saw this feature in bit spirit where we can fake our client to be azureus..
but i dont know if i am doing it correctly..
hey crtl alt del..did u try bit spirit..??can u help me out with a smal guide abt how to fake my client to be azureus..

Thanx..will be very grateful if u help me out.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Give me a day and I will download the client and see what can be done about it. Also PM me the torrent site form where you are downloading the torrents.

Faking or Emulating Azureus should come built-in with the client. My client, BitComet doesn't have this feature, so I am not too knowlegable about how it works. As I said, give me a day so that I can play around with the settings and see if I can come up with something worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom