Share your Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well, we all have been in the field of Tech for long and some of us has been on this forum even longer so care to tell how this forum, the Digit magazine itself has helped you out. I would like to take the initiative and tell you about my experience.
Earlier my "friends" use to come to me with all sorts of problem, Network issues, Boot Up problems and mainly for Movies and Software and I helped them willingly BUT last week something happened that changed my perspective just like it changed Pathik's. :D
Now my motto is "If you are good at something, never do it for free!" :cool:
So now I have started charging for my services, like in the market dealers take 500 bucks to recover a crashed XP, I do it for 100 for my friends and 200 for their referrals but its free for my close buddies.I do have a rule that I won't distribute softwares that I get off the Internet as I don't want to spread Piracy. I know downloading them itself is supporting Piracy but hey,Bandwidth costs a bomb in India and I'm looking to get paid.
Moreover since I've told my friends that I'll be spending almost 1 lac Rupees to upgrade my system in Feb.2009 and will charge accordingly, Traffic has dropped to my house and I'm happy as now I can concentrate more on my work. ;)
This is how it has helped on the Social level. Do tell about your experience. :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now my motto is "If you are good at something, never do it for free!" :cool:
So now I have started charging for my services, like in the market dealers take 500 bucks to recover a crashed XP, I do it for 100 for my friends and 200 for their referrals but its free for my close buddies.
Ke yaar, kum se kum apne dosto ne toh manna loot.....

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
LOL..no man..i help my friends in whatever way possible. Free of cost. In fact, the softwares i crack for my friends, they sell them for 500 bucks and me doesnt get a cent.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I've categorized my friends in to 3 ranks; First goes to those who have sweated out, been cussed and chewed out with me alike and have been with me for past few years and have shown their grit and determination and faith in our friendship. For them I can even give away my Rig let alone all these usual stuff. Second Rankers are those whom I know pretty well but all they have done till date is to Suck up my Brain and resources for their means to no end so i think its fair if I charge them. Then the 3 Rankers, Acquaintances if you may who come to me only once in a Blue moon and that too to get some software or have their Shitty hardware corrected. So from them I think charging is not bad at all :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom