Share your computer temps

sandymaniac

Right off the assembly line
I have a stock athlon II X3 440 processor and use the cooling fan that came along with it. I have a very basic computer case by techcom, which has actually no airflow whatsoever. So I removed the Side panel, for more airflow.
Still my core temperatures are incredibly high, my computer idles around 50 degrees, And I am sure it crosses 70-75 Degrees while I am playing games. I had thermal shutdowns couple of times.
I am not sure what the problem is all about, I have heard a stock cooling fan is sufficient.
Please share your computer specs along with the temps so I can a fair idea of what ideal temperatures should be.

P.S:
I live in Kolkata, a hot & humid place, room temperatures are around 32-35 degrees.
I use Core temp to view my temperatures.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
If ur comfortable then unplug the cpu hsf clean it the dirt as well as the tim from the hsf as well as the cpu apply a fresh tim & re-install then see the temps

btw wrong section as well as title request some mods to move it to the correct section

I would suggest a thorough cleaning job of the cpu hsf and a new coat of thermal paste.
Also post you config so that we can get a better view of the problem. :)

OP
S

sandymaniac

Right off the assembly line
I clean my heat sink fan regularly. But the problem of getting high temps (monitored by core temp) concerns me, as it would destroy the CPU.

I have
AMD II X3 440 processor
Gigabyte GA-M68M-S2P mobo
Kingston 2 Gb DDR RAM
Techcom computer cabinet & included PSU(no airflow at all) So have removed the side panel

I want to overclock my Cpu (which has potential even to unlock an additional core) but these high temps are killing my PC
As I type this, my current temps are 53, its been powered on for 5 hours, basically surfing & listening to music.

P.s: moderators please move this thread to overclockers section

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: do as marked in the above post.

And, check whether the hearsink is loose or not. As you clean the heatsink fan regularly, there is a great chance that it has been loosened up a bit causing a little bit fluctuation in the normal temperature.
But the temperature you have posted is absolutely ok at kolkata.
Also consider about changing your cabinet.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ If you are thinking about getting new cabinet, then quote your budget here. Many other cabinets are far more better than the one which you have mentioned in your post.

Top Bottom