Setup Yahoo and Hotmail in Outlook Express without payments??

Status
Not open for further replies.

brainerd

Right off the assembly line
Hi!

Anyway we can setup Yahoo or Hotmail free email account in Outlook Express via POP3 without purchasing Yahoo Plus! or such paid accounts?

Thanks in advance,
Brainerd

OP
B

brainerd

Hm.. that requires me to install softwares, rt?
Is there anyway I can do without it, like some proxy????

OP
B

brainerd

Thanks guys,
I've finally found a way to do it.

Check this out:
*ubercoder.blogspot.com/2006/12/using-outlook-express-to-receive-mail.html

This helped me setup Yahoo! (.com too!) and Hotmail as POP3 without purchasing a paid email account. And it doesn't make use of any softwares either.

Regs,
Brainerd

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
A search of your previous posts reveals that you have done nothing in this forum other than posting link to the blog posted above. It makes me suspicious that the purpose of this thread was ultimately to post a link to the blog. I wonder if you are the owner of the blog mentioned.

Any clarifications ?

OP
B

brainerd

Thanks, it_waaznt_me, atleast I wish so? Its sure a thing to wish for! :rolleyes:

Everyone's gotta have a first post, right? How bout you? And I've no intentions to post every hour or to keep the hits on thinkdigit.com high, wasting my time :). I've better jobs to do, I come here just to get my answers.

Btw, anyone know any methods to move mails between two yahoo accounts? Yahoo's .co.in offers POP3 & SMTP, meanwhile .com doesn't. I would like to shift all mails from my .com account to .co.in one.

avis_gan

Broken In
i am using a free hotmail account which i opened 5 yrs ago, i can access it via outlook express, but i cannot do that for new accounts

OP
B

brainerd

New yahoo.com address worked for me, I havent tested new hotmail.com one, however its mentioned to work. The support of different web based mail accounts seems to be a feature of cashette, and I think it has hotmail, aol and msn.. and lots of others ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom