Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
i am facing a serious problem in XP sp2
whenever i put the computer on, the computer automatically rebooted. i presumed it to be a virus and formatted the disk. i installed Xp again but the problem recurred just after reinstallation. is it a corrupt hard disk or a bad sector.
pls help
thnx

sakumar79

Technomancer
Check SMPS, cables and RAM. I doubt if the harddisk is the culprit but better to check it out also... Also, during bootup verify that the fan is working correctly (u can check fan speed in the BIOS). Finally, please inform at what stage you get the restart... If it is after WinXP loads and logs you in, verify if automatic restart after error is set... And then, if you get any error messages, post the STOP code so that we can identify the error...

Then, verify if the UPS is working properly... Sometimes, if overloaded, it can cause these problems... Restrict the UPS to support only Monitor and CPU (assuming you have a 500 VA UPS)... Any accessories such as Printers, Sound System, etc may be connected through Spike Buster to direct supply or you may use a second UPS for them...

Arun

satyamy

Alive Again...
sakumar79 said:
Check SMPS, cables and RAM. I doubt if the harddisk is the culprit but better to check it out also... Also, during bootup verify that the fan is working correctly (u can check fan speed in the BIOS). Finally, please inform at what stage you get the restart... If it is after WinXP loads and logs you in, verify if automatic restart after error is set... And then, if you get any error messages, post the STOP code so that we can identify the error...

Then, verify if the UPS is working properly... Sometimes, if overloaded, it can cause these problems... Restrict the UPS to support only Monitor and CPU (assuming you have a 500 VA UPS)... Any accessories such as Printers, Sound System, etc may be connected through Spike Buster to direct supply or you may use a second UPS for them...

Arun
Dear Saurabh Sauron
Your Problem must resolve in doing this but,
If After doing wht gary4gar & sakumar79 say your problem dosent resolve just tell us in detail that
from when your this problem started
& in does the same prob. arises in Win98se or not?
So we can do it with you

Regards
Satyam Yadav

yashved

Broken In
You can prevent the Automatic Reboot and display Blue screen to get the correct error message. To do this, goto system properties, click on Advanced tab. Under the Startup and recovery heading, click Settings. Under the system failure heading, uncheck the "Automatic restart" option.

Do let us know if your problem is solved or not........

sakumar79

Technomancer
^^^ Hey, what do you mean copying my lines and posting them as a new post? If you look up at my post, they are the same word for word except the salutations and the sign-off...

If you have nothing useful to add, dont do it... Reporting your post.

Arun

PrinceHeart

In the zone
imported_Satyam said:
Dear Saurabh Sauron
Your Problem must resolve in doing this but,
If After doing wht gary4gar & sakumar79 say your problem dosent resolve just tell us in detail that
from when your this problem started
& in does the same prob. arises in Win98se or not?
So we can do it with you

Regards
Satyam Yadav

A Request: PLEASE don't use the INDIAN NATIONAL FLAG as ur avatar. Thanks

OP
saurabh.sauron

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
the problem was not totally the SMPS fan. a static had burnt some capacitors. now they have been repaired. though, the fault for the capacitors was the SMPS fan.
thnx for ur replies guys...

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Check the SMPS and the memory modules.If u have multiple modules then run 1 at a time and then try again......check wheather they are in place...

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I believe it is high time the moderators started a sticky thread about booting problems in Win XP. There must not be a single xp user who has never faced
the booting hassels...

Let there be one place where everyone can share their booting issues like
boot loaders, repair mbr, repair XP boot loader after intalling/uninstalling linux,
etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom