serious error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

callmeastha

Broken In
i use win xp...recently while wrkng on my pc i got this blue screen for a fraction of a second ,so i couldn't read it,and my monitor turned off...as in there was no display and the led turned orange.
when i rebooted,it said "SYSTEM HAS RECOVERED FROM A SERIOUS ERROR" and gave these details:

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : BEDE3CE0 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 804D90AA OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

in the foll. files:

C:\DOCUME~1\selff\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7d95.dir00\Mini042808-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\selff\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7d95.dir00\sysdata.xml

is it something serious?it has happened 3-4 times and started with my display colours going haywire...they still look dull and keep fluctuating
please help...
thnx

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Its called the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) and acc. to the name, it is quite serious.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death

A simple google image search can lead you to how serious a BSOD is...

*x86code.com/bsod.bmp

Wiki says
Bluescreens can be caused by poorly written device drivers, a corrupt registry, an incompatible Dynamic-link library (DLL) or bugs in the kernel of the operating system.

Bluescreens can also be caused by physical faults such as faulty memory, mains power supply voltage variance or spikes in conjunction with or magnified by power supply unit voltage rating not matching the mains supply (such as a 220V PSU attached to a 240V mains outlet), the power requirements of the computer exceeding the capacity of the PSU, overheating of components, intermittent power to hard disk drives or other parts, faulty hardware, or hardware running beyond its specification limits.

So, Check for any devices you might have installed recently, or updated drivers, or any virus, or you might be running GameGuard, which is required for quite a few online games.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Have u upgraded RAM ? I mean have u attached 1 more stick of RAM?
This BSOD also comes if there is incompatibility between 2 sticks of RAM.

@dheeraj_kumar
Was that image necessary?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
@khansaqib101

I assure you that the image was only to provide the big picture of the situation, ie to understand how deeply the problem runs, and how blue the blue screen actually is. But hey, in the end, it was a BSOD!

Lol okay okay, digit forum's slowly turning adult, I know, sorry about that, but it was just a bit of fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom