series of problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
Hi guys,

I have been having a series of problems which i thought is minor and wud go away, only that it dint. I have sony vaio 1.66 ghz duo core laptop. i have both fc6 and win xp sp2 installed. my windows for some reason started to wait for infinitely long time when trying to shutdown. "windows is shutting down" wud be for ever and i have to use the power button to shutdown or restart then.

while this was happening, a couple of days back i installed the vista customization pack and found that it doesnt come with an uninstaller. so, i had to restore my system to an earlier point. after doing that, when ever i opened a video or audio file, i wud get an error dialog box with some hexadecimal values saying that the memory couldnt be referenced or something. i looked up the problem on the internet and came to know that reinstalling the codec pack and media player wud fix it. i did it and it got fixed too.... Then while trying to load itunes for transferring songs to my ipod, it said the same referencing problem. i have uninstalled it, but yet to reinstall.

But, now the real problem comes. today i connected to the internet in my laptop using the university cable and ip address as i have always done and when i opened Azureus, it said "unable to bind TCP incoming ports". however, i downloaded utorrent moments back and it is working fine. It also says "error while processing socket options: can not bind"

though its working fine with utorrent, i am attracted to azureus and wanted to use it. please help me solve all these problems!!

thks,
legolas.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
the vista transformation pack really screwed up u'r laptop. try doing a clean install of windows after backing up u'r data. if u don't want a clean windows, then jsut do a reinstall. it will install new windows without deleting u'r non-windows files.
also, u can try reinstalling Service Pack 2.
It should fix u'r problem. it did in my case.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
I think Vista TP can be uninstalled running the setup again... I'm not sure though.... But I think it works.... And Vista Transformation pack is really messy, i recommend to everyone not to install it. If you want your WinXP to look like vista, you can use styleXP (or just the Uxpatcher) to apply a Vista Look and feel....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom