Sensors command troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Came across an interesting thread, asking all the users to post their CPU temps (*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72717). Am on ubuntu these days, and as given on post #19 (*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=655231&postcount=19) i tried sensors command on the terminal. But i get the following error message :

root@praveen-desktop:~# sensors
No sensors found!
Make sure you loaded all the kernel drivers you need.
Try sensors-detect to find out which these are.

What am i do to, so that the sensors work properly? Has it got anything to do with my motherboard, its pretty old (Intel 850MV)?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Run sudo sensors-detect and follow the procedure (Giving the defaults everywhere works out pretty well, at times. Unless you know what its asking and go along with that.)

OP
C

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
I did run the sensors-detect command. After a series of "yes" i get the following message :

To make the sensors modules behave correctly, add these lines to
/etc/modules:

#----cut here----
# I2C adapter drivers
i2c-i801
# Chip drivers
adm1025
smsc47m1
#----cut here----

I have already done the same. But its still not working.

praka123

left this forum longback
I see!it is my post :D
^do a modprobe of those modules.then try!.it 90% detects and works!else,after a reboot,it shud work.also install "hddtemp" for harddisk temp(if it supports).install hardware-sensors or sensors-applet to add this to gnome-panel.

also install samrtmontools for harddisk,if ur hdd support S.M.A.R.T

OP
C

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes indeed, it worked. Just like mentioned i had to do a reboot and it worked. Now i can post my temps in that thread...Thanks praka123 and QwertyManiac !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom