sending mails!!!...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Allas, Any one Having shared free hosting with php Send mail enabled and access to it can send email from any address...

Refer to this thread by satyamay on same issue... a long discussion was there !!!

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59711&highlight=php+send+email

OP
P

prinz

Journeyman
Choto Cheeta said:
Allas, Any one Having shared free hosting with php Send mail enabled and access to it can send email from any address...

Refer to this thread by satyamay on same issue... a long discussion was there !!!

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59711&highlight=php+send+email

thanks... Choto Cheeta...

OP
P

prinz

Journeyman
ahref said:
You can do it even from outlook express, need an SMTP server, or make your pc smtp.

Thanks... ahref... can you tell me how can i do it from outlook express, how can i make my pc smtp...

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
He he he :p I cant resist telling you guys. I had sent my colleague who sits next to me a mail from BillGates@microsoft.com ;) . He happily opend that mail only to see "THIS IS JUST A TEST MAIL" :p .

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
charangk said:
He he he :p I cant resist telling you guys. I had sent my colleague who sits next to me a mail from BillGates@microsoft.com ;) . He happily opend that mail only to see "THIS IS JUST A TEST MAIL" :p .
LOL wish I thought of that when I was workin at tech centres!!! would have loved to see their face when they open it!!!:D :D :D

ahref

In the zone
prinz said:
Thanks... ahref... can you tell me how can i do it from outlook express, how can i make my pc smtp...

As told by The Unknown, change your email address in account properties
To make you PC smtp, search google for smtp servers, there are many softwares download and install. Your PC will work as SMTP. In SMTP field of your outlook express use localhost.

You can send emails from your PC, but chances are your email will be either rejected by other servers or will go in spam folder because of strong spam filters many webmail provider use.

However there are another methods through which you can increase the probability of reaching email to inbox.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
ahref said:
As told by The Unknown, change your email address in account properties
To make you PC smtp, search google for smtp servers, there are many softwares download and install. Your PC will work as SMTP. In SMTP field of your outlook express use localhost.

You can send emails from your PC, but chances are your email will be either rejected by other servers or will go in spam folder because of strong spam filters many webmail provider use.

However there are another methods through which you can increase the probability of reaching email to inbox.
Another method is signup for a POP/SMTP mail service (like Gmail) and set any fake email address. Send email!

ahref

In the zone
cyberscriber said:
how to setup fake email address in gmail? don need to activate it?
Yes, you can not send email from fake id, using gmail or many other smtp servers. You have to prove tht you are owner of tht id in gmail. In other smtp server they relay email from approved id only.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Guys .. It is possible to send EMail with out having any account what so ever . I do it all the time :D . Sending mail without actually having a account is a pice of cake in .NET :D

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Are baba!! In the email account properties, a field titled "Email Address" is there where you can set your desired fake email address!

See this image:

In this image, The_Unknown@thinkdigit.com is an invalid email address. If i send an mail to someone, the mail will be sent by The_Unknown@thinkdigit.com !

*scr.theitkgroup.net/mail.png

Last edited:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
charangk said:
Guys .. It is possible to send EMail with out having any account what so ever . I do it all the time :D . Sending mail without actually having a account is a pice of cake in .NET :D
yeah , i know that...I dont even use .NET:p:D:cool::razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom