See my config

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Devrathnd

ITEM

MSI K9NGM2 (AM2)

AMD ATHLON 64 X2 3800+ (2.0GHz 1MB L2 CACHE)(AM2)

RAM 2 X 512 MB (533 Mhz) IN DUAL CHANNEL CONFIG

LOGITECH KEYBOARD MM AND OPTICAL MICE

SEAGATE (SATA 2) 120 GB

LITE-ON SUPER ALLWRITE LH-20A1P DVD WRITER

CABINET (WHITE)

plesae give any suggestions

azad

Broken In
1. ram - u can go in for ddr2 667 mhz and if u can afford it, try getting 2 gb of ram .

2.mobo - u cld go in for an asus board M2N-PV-MX or M2N-PV-VM both of which are prices arnd 4600 rs

3. go in for a good cabinet if u can- something like the zebronics antibiotic(arnd 2400) or the zebronics peace(arnd 2600)

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Devrathnd said:
ITEM

MSI K9NGM2 (AM2)

SEAGATE (SATA 2) 120 GB

CABINET (WHITE)

Get LG H42N or BenQ DW1650 DVD Writer if avlbl,much better than LiteOn.Also get a decent PSU for your system.

OP
D

Devrathnd

Devrathnd said:
ITEM

MSI K9NGM2 (AM2)

SEAGATE (SATA 2) 120 GB

CABINET (WHITE)

Will this run vista ultimate with all its features like aero and the likes. PLase tell if not so what to do . Also tel;l me whether i can allocate atleast of 256 MB of system memory to the onboards gfx.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Devrathnd said:
Will this run vista ultimate with all its features like aero and the likes. PLase tell if not so what to do . Also tel;l me whether i can allocate atleast of 256 MB of system memory to the onboards gfx.
For running Vista in its full glory, a dedicated DX9 Graphic Card and 2GB of RAM added to that Config should do well.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Devrathnd
Asus M2n mobo has 6100 nd M2N PV has 6150 onboard GFX both has shader model 3.0 support. It cud run vista at full glory. 768 M is enuf to run Vista ultimate with Aero.
Liteon is better than LG, Benq or Sony.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
aravind_n20 said:
@Devrathnd
Asus M2n mobo has 6100 nd M2N PV has 6150 onboard GFX both has shader model 3.0 support. It cud run vista at full glory. 768 M is enuf to run Vista ultimate with Aero.
Liteon is better than LG, Benq or Sony.

Liteon is better than LG, Benq or Sony.-----> I beg to differ.Liteon and Sony sail in the same boat in my opinion but LG n Benq are way better.

Also just having DX9 support is not enough,those boards with onboard graphics are going to eat up system memory.so always better to get dedicated low end DX9 card and one of those NV based boards with nice chunky RAM.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
ive screw'd up my Asus CDRW,LD DVD rom, Benq CDRW, Sony DVD rom, Sony DVDRW, LG DVDRW etc. But my friends Liteon Cd burner[3yr old], Liteon DVD Burner[1.5yr] works fine.

I accept that an obboard GFX can't stand in fron of a dedicated card. He has't said he waana game. So as long as he dun wanna game, an onboard GFX is enuf and sharing 128 MB is enuf.
With 1GB mem nd 128 shared mem, he can do some light gaming too. Dun waste money on a Gcard. Insted get a better CPU like the 4400+ for 7k or 4800+ for 9k.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
aravind_n20 said:
ive screw'd up my Asus CDRW,LD DVD rom, Benq CDRW, Sony DVD rom, Sony DVDRW, LG DVDRW etc. But my friends Liteon Cd burner[3yr old], Liteon DVD Burner[1.5yr] works fine.

I accept that an obboard GFX can't stand in fron of a dedicated card. He has't said he waana game. So as long as he dun wanna game, an onboard GFX is enuf and sharing 128 MB is enuf.
With 1GB mem nd 128 shared mem, he can do some light gaming too. Dun waste money on a Gcard. Insted get a better CPU like the 4400+ for 7k or 4800+ for 9k.
I am talking specifically about DVD writers and NOT CD Writers.Also CD writing never suffered from write quality issues as DVD do.The thing is not how long your DVD Writer works or how fast it can burn,the main thing is HOW well does your writer burn.In case of DVD's Write Quality is of utmost importance.A DVD having a good dye and burnt on a good drive with good scans, has much better longevity than a DVD with crappy dye burnt on a pathetic writer.
Point is Liteon or Sony are not bad writers but they give good scans with GOOD quality aka DVD with good dye and they suck with DVD media with cheapo,bad quality Dye.Whereas LG as well as Benq and Pioneer manage to pull off decent scans even on cheapo media.And since good media is hard to find on India,LiteOn and Sony wont be my choices for sure.I had a Liteon Drive long ago,media burnt with is almost unreadable now or transfer rates are too slow,why ? cos the scans are horrific.I learnt the lesson the hard way.Just chipping in with my experience thats it :)
I hope you get my point.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Devrathnd said:
ITEM

MSI K9NGM2 (AM2)
SEAGATE (SATA 2) 120 GB
CABINET (WHITE)

Get ddr2-667 ram , the overall price diff. between it and ddr2-533 should be barely 500 bucks ..

Also , i'd strongly suggest u to get a X2 4000+ AM2 ... for some reasons these chips are awesome with oc'ing incase u decide to oc later ... again the price diff. is hardly over 1k's ...

About the mouse , see if u can find a Iball Laser Precise mouse ... an awesome laser mouse for its price ..

The mobo is fine , and with 1 GB system RAM , share around 32 MB .. it'll run Vista will all its glory and u'll barely notice any slowdowns (but its Windows afterall so no 100% guarantee) ...

OP
D

Devrathnd

deathvirus_me said:
The mobo is fine , and with 1 GB system RAM , share around 32 MB .. it'll run Vista will all its glory and u'll barely notice any slowdowns (but its Windows afterall so no 100% guarantee) ...

I think vista with aero will nedd atleast 64 MB of ram so if i allocate 64 mb for the gfx then the remaining sys ram will be 960 mb of ram but vista ultimate 's requirement is 1 GB.

Does this act as an obstacle running vista ultimate

darklord

Cyborg Agent
deathvirus_me said:
Get ddr2-667 ram , the overall price diff. between it and ddr2-533 should be barely 500 bucks ..

Also , i'd strongly suggest u to get a X2 4000+ AM2 ... for some reasons these chips are awesome with oc'ing incase u decide to oc later ... again the price diff. is hardly over 1k's ...

About the mouse , see if u can find a Iball Laser Precise mouse ... an awesome laser mouse for its price ..

The reason why those 4000+ OC nice is because they are Brisbanes ! there are no 4000+ Windsors. ;)
For that matter even 3600+ Brisbane shud suffice :)

assasin

Banned
@devrathnd if u dont plan to use Vista Media Center,the ur config is ok to run Vista in all its glory,but if u use Media Center to view and capture tv,get more ram and a dedicated gfx card.

OP
D

Devrathnd

Devrathnd said:
ITEM

MSI K9NGM2 (AM2)

SEAGATE (SATA 2) 120 GB

Now has AMD realy slashed its prices so can i go to AMD X2 4200 within RS 19000 and whether this will give performance boost over the previous

In karnataka

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom