security camera DVR

aroraanant

Explorer
I am planning to set up few cameras in my factory to keep a watch on my staff, so I need a DVR(32 CH will be enough I think) and cameras but I don't have any idea about them.
I need you guys to tell me that what should be my priority in this and what should I look for.
I don't want to spend a hefty.So would prefer a cheap and good setup.
Someone told me that the wireless cameras are not so successful, what would you guys have to say on that.
I don't even know ABCD of these security/surveillance camera and DVR, so please help me out.
I don't know in which section should I post this so I posted it here.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
I am planning to set up few cameras in my factory to keep a watch on my staff, so I need a DVR(32 CH will be enough I think) and cameras but I don't have any idea about them.
I need you guys to tell me that what should be my priority in this and what should I look for.
I don't want to spend a hefty.So would prefer a cheap and good setup.
Someone told me that the wireless cameras are not so successful, what would you guys have to say on that.
I don't even know ABCD of these security/surveillance camera and DVR, so please help me out.
I don't know in which section should I post this so I posted it here.

firstly,
1) Do you need recording and viewing remotely from your home or phone(android or iphone or windows phone)? or just viewing them on a tv?
2) Whats is your budget
3) Will you install yourself?
4) What cameras you choose in different locations in your factory 12 Common Types of Security Cameras - CE Pro Spotlight Article from CE Pro
5) Quality of normal analog cameras if you choose analog: visit CCTV Resolution you can have different quality of cameras in same setup
6) How many cameras?

You may even contact a local place and ask for a quotation (don't get fooled, they may ask lot of money for unnecessary things... )

you asked for wireless cameras, the cheap ones which work on RF or analog signals wont be good in my opinion,
but wifi ones are good and they have PTZ (pan,tilt,zoom) control remotely...means you can move the camera's position from computer or mobile... and they have good resolution(640x480) + mic built in + IR (Night vision) also...
cost increases as quality increases...and wired analog ones are a pain to install, u may get interference from electrical wires nearby, but wifi ones u install it in one place with power plug setup to record on your pc and thats all...

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
I don't think recording will be required.
Budget is not fixed, more the low more good it is.But I will get it installed not before 1-2 months.
I think I won't be able to install myself so I think a professional will do the job.
I need a good resolution, say D1 which is listed in the above link.
If possible then I would like to view the footage on my mobile.And if the difference in wireless cameras is not much as compared to wired cameras then I will prefer wireless considering the case that I won't get any issues with the wireless cameras.

I will need atleast 10-20 cameras. Can't say how many cameras will be required, for that I will ask a professional to visit my place and tell me everything in tell, in short I will ask for a quotation.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
I don't think recording will be required.
Budget is not fixed, more the low more good it is.But I will get it installed not before 1-2 months.
I think I won't be able to install myself so I think a professional will do the job.
I need a good resolution, say D1 which is listed in the above link.
If possible then I would like to view the footage on my mobile.And if the difference in wireless cameras is not much as compared to wired cameras then I will prefer wireless considering the case that I won't get any issues with the wireless cameras.

I will need at least 10-20 cameras. Can't say how many cameras will be required, for that I will ask a professional to visit my place and tell me everything in tell, in short I will ask for a quotation.

Since you're saying recording wont be required, you cant view it over PC or mobile, only TV and this is cheapest.
You need
-analog cameras(for d1, go for 700TVL),good quality camera may start from 4k, but for extra 2k you get hd720p ip camera something like this TENVIS Iprobot3 H.264 HD IR-CUT SD CARD CCTV SECURITY NETWORK IP CAMERA | eBay
-wires, connectors
-power supply,
-switcher
-TV

you can search eBay for prices, there are many brands, but its your opinion to check the quality of those cameras in a local store on a big LCD/led TV and then buy

if you need to view it over mobile, then go for IP cameras.for example, the one i mentioned above you get view over PC, LCD/led TV(not directly TV, you should hook a computer to TV), PTZ(very useful), Zoom, Recording, IR etc

Last edited:
OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
6-7k for 1 camera will be huge investment, as I will need around 20 cameras.And I have to pay a good amount for the DVR too.
I thought I will wind up everything in under 40-50k.( I never thought of IP cameras in that budget.)

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
6-7k for 1 camera will be huge investment, as I will need around 20 cameras.And I have to pay a good amount for the DVR too.
I thought I will wind up everything in under 40-50k.( I never thought of IP cameras in that budget.)

But you should go for 16 cameras only (because dvr's have maximum of 4 camera input/8 camera input/16 camera input/32 camera input)
or else 16ch dvr + 4 ch dvr = 20 ch

16ch dvr starts from 13k
and 4 ch from 5k

========================================================================
then if you spend 1.5-1.8k on each analog camera, (at this price you may get 480TVL Cameras),
you get 24k-29k for 16 cameras.

1 box power supply 2.5-3k,
wires and connectors (price vary depending on length),remaining for dvr

*all eBay prices, but some may be cheap locally(wires,connectors,power supply)
(don't ask the professional, they may add more, go yourself in a cctv shop and ask)

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
My unit is quite big, I think I should atleast get a 32ch DVR as it is a one time investment and if anytime later I want to add cameras I can easily add.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
My unit is quite big, I think I should atleast get a 32ch DVR as it is a one time investment and if anytime later I want to add cameras I can easily add.

one 32ch dvr costs 36k
where as one 16ch dvr starts from 13k so if you buy 2 16ch dvr's you get total 32ch and 26k

*all ebay prices

did u ask ur local cctv professional???
and one more thing dvr's don't come with hdd. you should buy hdd separately

Top Bottom