Secure Html Images ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
eh? comeon guys , all the images are cached before rendering, Just looking into Cache folder of the browser will give everyimage loaded. Once its loaded into memory it can be copied by any means. bestway to protect you images will be either watermark or my having creative common licence to it.

@booster : stop wasting time to learn how to avoid people to copy your image. Learn how to make the copied image always show you name/site.

hullap

Cyborg Agent
see my avatar iv taken it from here.*downloads.manutd.com/graphics.aspx?type=CANIM&cat=MAN_CELEBRATIONS&opttxt=Premiership Winners :D:D:D
they hav protected the image by putting another image on it.
wht did i do?? simple i pressed the view source button*img137.imageshack.us/img137/4112/87842102ba5.th.png
and voila \m/

IF they would hav applied a water mark then id be :mad::mad::mad:
SO U APPLY A WATERMARK

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
eh? comeon guys , all the images are cached before rendering, Just looking into Cache folder of the browser will give everyimage loaded. Once its loaded into memory it can be copied by any means. bestway to protect you images will be either watermark or my having creative common licence to it.

@booster : stop wasting time to learn how to avoid people to copy your image. Learn how to make the copied image always show you name/site.
What purpose is that CC license going to serve :-? ? huh. even on CC license, if i copy an image and modify it using GIMP and use it somewhere else is it going to be found ?

So the moral of the problem is either don't place images on the web or don't try to protect them if placed. :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
What purpose is that CC license going to serve :-? ? huh. even on CC license, if i copy an image and modify it using GIMP and use it somewhere else is it going to be found ?

So the moral of the problem is either don't place images on the web or don't try to protect them if placed. :)

CC licence allows you to show/distribute you work with peace of mind, if anyone tries to take advantage of your work then you can sue them. Its similar to GNU, wodnt FOSS comunity sue me if I use code which comes under GNU, modify it and sell it without GNU licence.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
CC licence allows you to show/distribute you work with peace of mind, if anyone tries to take advantage of your work then you can sue them. Its similar to GNU, wodnt FOSS comunity sue me if I use code which comes under GNU, modify it and sell it without GNU licence.
suppose if nobody is informed of the copyright infringement ?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^^ :| .. dude .. thats the problem .. no matter what you do to protect you work it gets stolen. thats why the rules come in .. give your works with a rule. Microsoft does it with EULA , where as L!nux does it with GNU. in both case, if borken then the person can be sued. Finding out who broke it depends on the orginal author.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
have visited some sites where this thing was done .... cant remember the name bt will post asap ....

img r stored in their servers & not in ur cache\TIfiles .... amazing coding ....

will definately search & post ..... even i had posted this ? longtime back bt no ans .....
This non-caching feature is due to the HTTP header no-cache and no-store.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
use Flash to embed images.
it will lead to running away of visitors as flash take much longer to load than normal images and also some visitors may not have flash player installed.

Even if we embed it, we can still capture the image using Print Screen!!! :p

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
print screen if blocked too is not going to stop someone to take actually a photograph of the screen, then what do u do........................find how to blank the screen as soon as it detects a camera in front of screen???

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
print screen if blocked too is not going to stop someone to take actually a photograph of the screen, then what do u do........................find how to blank the screen as soon as it detects a camera in front of screen???
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This thread is going like a debate ! all saying the same thing ! :p

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Seems likely,
but the the moral of the story is ....................either be on the web & learn that its for sharing, if not acceptable then sit in ur room & be happy that no one is able to copy ur images:D:D:D:D:D

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Seems likely,
but the the moral of the story is ....................either be on the web & learn that its for sharing, if not acceptable then sit in ur room & be happy that no one is able to copy ur images:D:D:D:D:D
thread reported. hope mods lock this. :)

V

vaibhavtek

see my avatar iv taken it from here.*downloads.manutd.com/graphics.aspx?type=CANIM&cat=MAN_CELEBRATIONS&opttxt=Premiership Winners :D:D:D
wht did i do?? simple i pressed the view source button*img137.imageshack.us/img137/4112/87842102ba5.th.png
and voila \m/

SO U APPLY A WATERMARK

Nice I also got one image of the same type and I also did the same thing...!!

slugger

Banned
wht did i do?? simple i pressed the view source button
and voila \m/

SO U APPLY A WATERMARK

i actually did sumthin a lil' different

orkut used to put a transparent GIF image ove the profile avataar

a friend liked one but was obviously unable to do a right click save...as

so all i did for him was did an Adblock for the image. with the transparent image adblocked, the actual image was tottaly exposed :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom