Secure CD Burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

senthilrek

Broken In
hi guys,
Please help me. See i am going to publish some e-books. This i have one in pdf format. I am going to write these files in a CD and i am going to disribute them among public. Now the important thing " i dont want hits cd contents to be copied" suggest me please hoe to do this. That is secure CD writing

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Use latest acrobat and secure you pdf files with pwd and disable copying feature. Their was a cd-lock thread on this forum. Search for it.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
to password protect pdf >>

:arrow: File > document security

:arrow: choose acrobat standard security

:arrow: enter the passwords ...

but i guess the above process a bit restricted .. u need to provide the paswd to the person ur giving the file ....

nd as navjot said search the forum .. cd locking was discussed

OP
S

senthilrek

Broken In
I am tired searching for the previous discussion (almost i scanned many posts) please anyone can give the link of that post or discussion or shall we discuss it here again

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
grinning_devil said:
but i guess the above process a bit restricted .. u need to provide the paswd to the person ur giving the file ....

No need to provide the pwd to the user. Select pwd for moodifiying the contents not the pwd for opening. Also encrypt all the file contents and choose the latest version of acrobat in compatible option. Now restrict the content copying and disable all the changes.

In this mode the user can only read the pdf file and cannot even copy the contents or select the text.

I have tried this and he user does not know the pwd for reading the pdf but he will need the pwd for editing the pdf which he cannot do.

OP
S

senthilrek

Broken In
Hey u guys are talking on read / write security of a file but i am speaking about the security of the file itslef. eventhoug i protect the pdf document from selecting i cannot protect the document. any one can copy the whole file and read it. But i even dont want the end user to do this. In short "i want to create a file and write in CD. That file can only be read. It should not be copied in whole or partle(ie. the text only). Any suggestions

[lokesh]

Journeyman
What you are asking is not possible at present...current technologists are researching on this. Some months ago someone came with a MEDIA [ CD or DVD i don't remember], which once the data is read, all the data gets erased. But i don't know whether it worked out well.

OP
S

senthilrek

Broken In
Ok uys i am ready to spend even 300 for that kind of CD or even more (i.e. money is not the issue). I just want to know the techology or the software or some tweaks to perform those. Kindly some one give me a good suggestion (but a correct one :) ).

OP
S

senthilrek

Broken In
Hey guys some one please help me out. I am in great need of the above said security. Kindly some one help me out. Please please pleas

OP
S

senthilrek

Broken In
come on guys couls any one of you can give me coreect specific suggestion on this matter so that i can proceed on this matter of CD locking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom