Searching in this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
This is for the moderator, it is norm to search the forum for a topic instead of posting it new. I noticed that the search results give way too many irrelevant results. I felt starting a new thread is better than searching the forum. Any tips?

fatguysmart

The Blessed one
The best way is to use Google,because the TD search enegine functionas like almost and anti-search engine :D

For eg:If I want to search for 'Blackberry',the this is what I tyoe in Google term field:

blackberry inurl:thinkdigit

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@sridhar rao--->I too know searching does not gives accurate results,but you have to do it to keep the forums clean.

prasad_den

Padawan
Check this..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48796&highlight=search

And ya.. I got that thread link throu a forum search..

fatguysmart

The Blessed one
Cool G5 said:
@sridhar rao--->I too know searching does not gives accurate results,but you have to do it to keep the forums clean.

But how come that this happens only in TD forum.

In no other vBulletin forum I have ever seen such inaccurate results.
I think the administrators need to set some options more properly.

OP
Sridhar_Rao

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
I checked the previous link, many agree that the search in forum is really poor. I learnt 3 things, one moderator can do nothing about it, it is the limitation of the software and 2nd, advanced searching should be done and 3rd, google this forum. But how does one google search any particular website or forum?

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
You could use the inurl option OR advanced search.. that is easier....

Google is not updated that fast...as the forum search is. This is helpful in cases where you don't exactly remember the section in which the topic your looking for was posted..or you don't have any idea about your results, and you are randomly searching for an answer to a particular question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom