[Praise] Seagate Replacement @ AccelFrontline

prvprv

Journeyman
My 2.5 year old Seagate 1TB HDD ST31000528AS started giving errors 1 month back.

When checked with seatools, smart and shortDST tests are failed.
The warranty is left till 14th July 2013 so I Registered a RMA request at Seagate website.
Created an account in AccelFrontline website.

Backed up all the needed data onto other HDDs and Laptops, Formatted the HDD using zero fill method.

Visited the Accel Frontline office as SD Road, Secunderabad on 12:20 PM on 10th April. Took a token and waited for 5 mins,
and submitted the HDD to them and got a receipt.

The next day in Seagate website, my Order status updated as HDD received. And the details of
the replacement drive (serial number, model) are updated in the status.
They showed the status as shipped and given a dummy FEDEX tracking number, which never worked :mrgreen:

On 16 April, the status on Accel's website changed to Ready for delivery.
So I called them, confirmed the status, went to their office got a token, waited for 50 Min and got the replacement drive.

The one I submitted was a SATA 3 Gbps drive and the replacement drive was SATA 6gbps. (It is a refurbished drive with "Factory Repaired" sticker)
From the date code the drive was manufactured in September 2010, where as the submitted drive was manufactured in june 2010.
I checked with seatools and hdtune pro and found that everything is alright... (for now :razz:)

All being well and good, I just checked my other HDD which is a 500GB one with seatools casually and it failed in short generic test.
Now I am planning to replace it as it has 1 year of warraty left.
Will follow the same procedure as above and updated you with the experience.

I never thought that I will post a "praise" after all the posts I read in the webworld about the pathetic service of Accel Frontline :evil:. I think Luck is on my side this time :cool:

iChaitanya

Journeyman
On 16 April, the status on Accel's website changed to Ready for delivery.
So I called them, confirmed the status, went to their office got a token, waited for 50 Min and got the replacement drive.

I think Luck is on my side this time :cool:

Wow, 50 minutes wait time is praiseworthy? :shock:

OP
prvprv

prvprv

Journeyman
@iChaitanya as I got there late(12:30), there were already some 10 ppl before me. So I had to wait. :razz:

@Rajesh345 No need of purchase bill.

Top Bottom