Seagate HDD problem

alto

Broken In
I have a Seagate HDD 7200.11 model, 500GB one. As everyone know that it has got problem so is mine. As usual HDD gone kaput. RMAed, in return they gave me another HDD of 7200.11 model. I was sure that this also would get faulty today or later, but it would. I tried to update Firmware, but no firmware available of the new model. Now what, after using the new changed HDD only for 1 month got faulty. No detection in BIOS as usual. What the hell is that? We all know that a HDD can get faulty anytime, but within a month!!!!:!:. How one will trust a company like Seagate, where they give faulty HDD in return!! It takes a bit time to set up an OS, updating OS, antivirus, setting other things.. after all that if it is a hardware issue, for which one can be suffered then it is really shameful..

kaudey

Journeyman
I have a seagate 250GB drive which I already got replaced thrice!!! And now its gone again after a long while (almost a year) with all my precious data :( :( :( ...looking for a data recovery expert now

OP
A

alto

Broken In
Seagate is a very big company, the do business worldwide. But it seems either they ignore Indian Customers or they do not want to business in India.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Recently been hearing a lot of complaints against Seagate. even my HDD is not detected easily after my cabinet is opened & the SATA cable gets disturbed. Last 3-4 times when I have opened my cabinet, it took a good amount of time to get detected again. All the time I was opening the SATA cable once from the HDD once from the mobo etc. etc.

So I bought a WD HDD & backed up my data before the seagate goes kaput. :-D

I won't buy or advice seagate to anyone from now, WD is better, even samsung doesn't give any problems although it is not very well known in the area of computers.

My advice to you would be to buy another WD HDD and use it as your primary drive. after one or two more replacements you will get a good drive, thanks to the 5 year long warranty.

OP
A

alto

Broken In
We all should come along then take a resolution that whatever it is we will not buy any Seagate products anymore. May be after this the Seagate guys will stop harassing Indians.

Top Bottom