[Query] Seagate Freeagent Go 500 GB RMA procedure

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys,
My erstwhile Seagate Freeagent Go 500 GB bought a couple of years back started malfunctioning... All it does if I connect it is blink... Now, the LEDs blinking suggest an error according to the Freeagent GO manual... I tried connecting it to some other PCs too but to no avail... Sometimes, the disk momentarily spins for about two to three seconds but then it stops spinning again...
I think that the drive is dying/dead and would like to know the RMA procedure or if RMAing an Seagate drive is worth it...
Please provide your feedback/opinion... :)

Phenomenal

Broken In
Sure.
I used the anti-static cover of that drive itself.I was surprised to find that I still had it after 42 months!
@rest : Mumbai RMA is pathetic...read my thread.Might be useful for you.
If anybody did an RMA recently,do share your experience.

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Thanks guys for the heads-up and info... :) Submitted my drive for RMA... Gonna report back after a couple of weeks with my experience!!! :-D Hoping for the best!!! :wink:

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Update:

Okay, guys... Got my drive replaced by RMA and Seagate were kind enough to give me a spanking new (Well, technically, it's still a refurb!!! Lol!!! :mrgreen::ssshhh:) Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 500 GB USB 3.0 HDD...
And, the interesting part is that my old drive was in warranty till somewhere around mid-2014 while this is in warranty till August 2015!!!:hyper:

Also, on a little shady note, is it possible to go on defecting HDDs whilst under warranty and receiving new refurbished ones with extended warranty for ever??? :greedy: Kinda like a loophole!!! :greedy:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Update:

Okay, guys... Got my drive replaced by RMA and Seagate were kind enough to give me a spanking new (Well, technically, it's still a refurb!!! Lol!!! :mrgreen::ssshhh:) Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 500 GB USB 3.0 HDD...
And, the interesting part is that my old drive was in warranty till somewhere around mid-2014 while this is in warranty till August 2015!!!:hyper:

Also, on a little shady note, is it possible to go on defecting HDDs whilst under warranty and receiving new refurbished ones with extended warranty for ever??? :greedy: Kinda like a loophole!!! :greedy:

that's good from seagate. :)

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Update:

Bump for this query... :mrgreen:

Top Bottom