• Motorola

Votes: 14 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
which is the best phone for taking pics of decent clarity...usually even to take a pic of a book page woth clarity......within 10k?......
SE K790i. Excellent 3.2mp camera with AutoFocus and a very powerful Xenon flash. :)

appu

Knowledge Nomad
Woooo...

Hey..
nowdays, the symbian OS is the most irritating, boring... and more slower in the mobile world... (sorry to said this)
if you install lot of good software in symbian OS, it will take more time to boot/process/save...

one more thing ..
The Speed and user experience of Symbian OS is based on the type of processor it used and its screen colour depth / resolution.
for example, if you test the symbian OS speed in Nseries.N72 has slow and a dull screen...
So, as you said Sybmian OS only rocks when it will run some high-end phone.

I have used both SE and Nokia for long time..
SE UI is bright and sharper than Symbian in mid-level category ..

Now, there is equal software and games in JAVA paltform while compared to sybmian OS.. If you want, please search in blogs specifically maintained for J2ME.. you can find some good stuff.

Actually if u have ever seen that nokia itself stops production of models which it feels is not up to mark like in case of nokia n72 which was one of the very first model from nseries family to die as nokia felt that its not going to support the symbian os9.1/2.
Never have heard se ever do that
btw se doesnt ever have a proper os to do that:rolleyes:
and se usability is zero, All the things that u can do wit ease in nokia is a pain in a** in se and i did not mention a point but now when u have said about se.....
Has ur phone ever fallen or got damaged when it sliped from ur hand???

if se has ever fallen then god save the phone as it is practically non repairable and ever the slide mechanism gets sloppy after a fews month of use and nokia i havent heard any in large numbers...
Actually my own nokia has survived fall many time and working as fine as it was.....;)

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Has ur phone ever fallen or got damaged when it sliped from ur hand???

if se has ever fallen then god save the phone as it is practically non repairable and ever the slide mechanism gets sloppy after a fews month of use and nokia i havent heard any in large numbers...
Actually my own nokia has survived fall many time and working as fine as it was.....;)

do u really know about build quality about Nokia.. look here.
----------------------------------
i read from some mobile forums i found the following informations

Generally, Build quality varies from handset to handset,model to model and batch to batch .
For instance the K800i has poor build quality but the W880i is superb. Nokia 6300 has the most solid build i have ever seen in a phone but other Nokias have poor build.(for example N95 ) So its not just one manufactuer over the other its each phone is different.
n95 is very poor quality, the 8gb version is a bit better. but on a funny way, high end fones are usually more cheap built, then some mid range fones. just look at w810, what is great made, except the crap batt cover, that sux imo. then take a look at k800 crap rubber keypad ( rubber... ) and joystick, wherre no protection is given again dust, where w800 deserved that rubber ring at the joy..

JUST THE FACT THAT NOKIA AND SE FANS ALWAYS END UP BASHING EACH OTHER IS A GOOD THING.THE COMPETITION IS HEALTHY IF ARGUED MATURELY AND HONESTLY.I

sources: www.esato.com

Last edited:

nregmi

Broken In
I was SE fan, I used around 10 different SE phones for the last 5 yrs but now I am fed up with SE. Nowadays I like Nokia more.
Now I have N73ME , my 15th mobile and it rocks lol.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
agree completely wit betruger....thrs no hype to make for a brand as far as durability is concerned....i used k300i for 4 years.....1st thing...it lasted fr 4 years despite the foll-

-a fall from semi-1st floor stairs
-a few seconds fall on water filled bucket
-a fall from a runnin motorbike on road
-sevral slip offs from hands and beds

it was filled wit scratches but machine was workin fun n fine...in 4 yrs only once i had 2 get its icu replaced due to charging problems.....

now i hv replaced it wit nokia 5220 xpress music....n i got rebate of 1.4k for 4 yr old buddy....n i cud hv sold it for 2k+ if i had more time.....coz it was still rock steady at time of sale...

regarding symbian os....i hv seen n6600, n72me etc wit 512mb+ cards n softs loaded....takes ages to open even an sms, forget abt rest....i luv my current fone(5220) but 1 reason is dat its not symbian.....n ya...most se fones have faster processing than nokia....

for non symbian fones....its back to competition....ur budget mite suit a nokia or an se better.....

Enjoy~!

Cool4Shalabh

CEH, SCJP, C++
I Have A K530i Flashed To W660i.............Which Means I Have The Camera Quality That Of Cybershot And Sound Quality That Of A Walkman And A Walkman Player Too.

Now Can Anybody Do This In A Nokia Phone.

Moreover, Moto Phones Can Also Be Modded But Their Interface Is Not As Good As That Of SE Phones.

So, For Me SE>Motorola>Nokia

j_h

Banned
I have n73 , moto v3i and SE walkman series phones. If you want quality then SE is the best. If you want features at comparatively low price, Nokia is the best. I dont know WHY I bought Motorola. It sucks big time compared to SE and Nokia.

OP
krates

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
This forum has got many SE fans lol found this thread in mobile-review too there nokia was miles ahead then SE :lol: ...

Musicmaker23

PowerDaemon
SE > Nokia > Samsung > Moto

Sony's been streaming out with a steady flow of smart handsets & since they have different development lines like the W, K, T, G series etc & now even the Xperia line developing, they've overall managed to create a good looking portfolio. & yes, even i think they should ditch the fastport!

Nokia on the other hand now has a bleeding & battered reputation due to its N-series. I've suffered one of their worst - the N91! There's growing monotony in their line-up & they dont necessarily help themselves by creating competition for their own phone (like the new n85 against the n96!). They really need to reinvent themselves to have any hope of a following other than those people who 'just' need a reliable & boring phone

Samsung are playing all the right moves. They've hired Aamir & that's arguably half the battle won. although they as such dont maintain any development lines, they're hammering the markets with head-turners like the beat450, Touchwiz & the Omnia (the iPhone killer). Samsung can only take it up from here.

Enough has been said about Motorola being a dead-beat company who doesn't understand market dynamics & will never achieve much more than an off-beat choice rating, so i wont add to it too much.

from my most recent to the oldest phones are:
SE w910i, Nokia N91, Nokia2600 Classic, SE T610

My Next Phone:
SE w760i !!!

Coool

I'm Back!:D
This forum has got many SE fans lol found this thread in mobile-review too there nokia was miles ahead then SE :lol: ...

looks like these guys don't know the value of smart phones;)

Nokia->Sony ericsson-> bye bye moto..

Phone using N73 ME.

jck

Journeyman
sony ericsson
my phone explorer
awesome gui
nice looks
flash ability
my phone explorer

and did i mention my phone explorer?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
My opinion.........

When it comes to looks and style…SE
When it comes to stability – Nokia
Moto – None

I have been using SE W810i for past 2 years. There's one small problem though...everytime I enter the elevator the N/W is lost which is normal...but later on I need to reboot the phone to get back the N/W :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom