Status
Not open for further replies.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Idou is Sony Ericssons upcomming 12 MP Phone with 3.5 inch Touchscreen :D:D
*blog.se-nse.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/idou_1.jpg
*blog.se-nse.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/idou_4.jpg

*blog.se-nse.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/idou_5.jpg

The ‘Idou’ is a cameraphone with special focus on media. It will feature a 12.1-megapixel camera with auto focus and an array of advanced camera touch features and a xenon flash.

The Media menu will now be fully optimized for the 3.5-inch 16:9 widescreen touch screen, and will enable you to tap directly into your favourite movies, TV-series, video clips and tracks.
The phone will be based on what will become the Symbian Foundation operating system, which means that thousands of applications will be available online. PlayNow will be pre-installed, and will allow you to personalize the phone.

Available Q2 2009
Source :*blog.se-nse.net/

SE ne to parda utha diya...lets see what Nokia,Samsung, Lg & Moto has to show:p

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
It runs on Symbian OS, means all the Symbian applications will be available for it. The UI Videos shown show such a fluid UI that is something I have never seen on a Symbian OS phone. 12.1 MP camera with Xenon Flash is a dream come true. I just wish SE releases this phone based on Snapdragon platform & gives at least 480p video recording if not 720p at 30 FPS. This phone is stated to release by 2nd half of 2009 so now I know which phone I m buying next.

If all gets well..I m buying this phone on December 2010 :D. This is the ultimate phone. Just look at the crossbar UI like that of PS3, it looks so cool

Last edited:
OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
have u seen the video on *blog.se-nse.net/short-hands-on-with-idou/

Wow...its soo smooth..and lot of transaction effects:p

I am soo excited:D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
More videos available at *www.jouwmobiel.nl/nieuws/Video:_Hands-on_Sony_Ericsson_Idou[2009-02-16]/

utsav

damn busy...
What will be the price? 50k? :D :)) .
M not drooling on the camera but the symbian os is the thing which can make this phone a nokia killer if priced right. Lets see what happens

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Such things don't come cheap.
An avid photobuff would still ditch a camera phone anyday for a standalone DSLR.
Personally 5 MP camera's were ok in mobile but now it's getting useless. Would anyone(even convergent junkiez) spend thousands on such a device?

I would consider purchasing a killer rig + a moderate DSLR in such a sum.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
such a beautiful sleek device... :eek: The full specs aren't revealed yet, but it seems that this still doesn't have that 3.5 mm audio jack... :confused:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Thank god! No one used the word IPHONE KILLER

HTC Touch HD & before that SE W960i already killed the iPhone dude. Idou is HTC Touch HD & Omnia HD killer. :D

This phone will release by this year's end so by December 2010 it will be available for Rs 20k easily. Hardware wise it looks awesome so does the Media Centric UI, its just that we don't know how the typing is on this phone. We need more info on this.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
SE usually delays most of their famous mobiles,

By the time 'Idou' comes,there will be many 12.1MP mobiles to choose...!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/idou3.jpg *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/idou-eyes-001.jpg

Come on SE,Wake up!

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Such things don't come cheap.
An avid photobuff would still ditch a camera phone anyday for a standalone DSLR.
Personally 5 MP camera's were ok in mobile but now it's getting useless. Would anyone(even convergent junkiez) spend thousands on such a device?

I would consider purchasing a killer rig + a moderate DSLR in such a sum.

Yup u r right I would prefer a DSLR any day for a highend cam...but this can replace a point and shoot camera easily...and gaming...touch screen...mp3 player and u can use it as a phone too:D:D

Anyway DSLR r not pocketeble...and not good for daily use

i just wish to have a good video recording in it...thats what I feel SE lacks in all phones

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
SE has already waken up. And its pretty imminet that samsung and LG would have thir 12 mps by then. Samsung had already stated that they had planned n october release of their 12 mp.So basically all the phones will launch at quite the same time. Pretty justifiable, coz SE are also going to announce the X2 in a couple of days. Also some really good smartphones lined up.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats hot....8) SE FTW!

Edit: Any info about the resolution of video recording?

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
A complete video walkthrough of the IDOU: Man, this is HOTNESS !!! :)

*www.viddler.com/explore/engadget/videos/256/

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
SE has already waken up. And its pretty imminet that samsung and LG would have thir 12 mps by then. Samsung had already stated that they had planned n october release of their 12 mp.So basically all the phones will launch at quite the same time. Pretty justifiable, coz SE are also going to announce the X2 in a couple of days. Also some really good smartphones lined up.

I saw the Video of Omnia HD, HTC Touch Diamond 2 & Nokia N97 but none of them come close to Sony Erickson hardware in looks 7 the UI is just 100% better then Omnia HD etc. Best part is tht it is based on Symbian which has a huge repository of Application. Judging by the speed it has, SE Idou is gonna rock in multitasking.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Anyone remember this??
;)

*www.ericsson.com/ericsson/press/releases/20080206-1188885.shtml

Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) today announced its U500 mobile platform, a next generation architecture with a triple processor solution and a powerful multimedia subsystem, enabling new multimedia functionality and advanced multitasking capabilities. The U500 will not only pave the way for new consumer services, but also improve the usability and quality of existing multimedia services.

Robert Puskaric, head of Ericsson's mobile platforms business, says: "The U500 is a powerful multimedia platform with performance, graphics and usability, more resembling a mobile computer than today's mobile phones. With the U500 platform Ericsson will keep its world leading position within the multimedia mass market for years to come."

The U500 mobile platform is a response to the rapidly growing demand for advanced multimedia features and services requiring enhanced user experience. Designed for mass market mobile devices, the U500 is capable of groundbreaking features such as high quality camcorder, 12 Mpix camera, WVGA displays, advanced 3D gaming and 3D user interface, CD quality audio performance and high resolution video for a true mobile TV experience.

The Ericsson U500 mobile platform combines raw power through the implementation of three ARM11 CPUs and hardware accelerators, with state-of-the-art platform architecture through the integration of the digital baseband and an advanced multimedia companion chip into a single-die processor. The result is a powerful multimedia platform that is smaller and more cost efficient than what is currently available.

The advanced graphics capabilities available in the U500 are enabled through the implementation of ARM Mali200 GPU, a programmable, OpenGL ES 2.0 graphics processor producing fast, high quality graphics with the low power consumption required for a handheld device.

The U500 will be commercially available in the first half of 2009.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I have to agree, by the time this phone is released, Samsung would have released perhaps 15 Mp !!

SE is too slow and complete BS with no Time Sense, can't compete the Electronics giant Samsung if it continues.

Ericsson and Sony have lots of differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom