Screen guards thread

BakBob

Mods changed my name :(
Post what type of screen guard you guys prefer on your phone.

Also i fail to see how tempered glass provides any more protection, addition of a sheet of glass to a sheet of glass makes no sense.

I personally prefer matte guard as they are oleophobic and the phone doesn't become a 25000 mirror when facing a light source.

tkin

Back to school!!
I use tempered glass only and the reason is different.

Pros:

1. I use my phone without any flip covers, normal plastic screenguard gets scratched and remains barely visible by end of 3 months, a glass screen protector from the likes of Nillkin stays visible for over 6 months and more(still going strong), barely a few scratches.

2. Glass is more oleophobic than plastic, so its very easy to clean off smudges with clothes and the extra hardness actually prevents further scratches.

3. Glass is also very slippery, fingers just glide over it, no plastic screenguard matches this kind of smoothness.

4. Appears more bright than matte as well as normal plastic screenguards. Specially matte ones, matte screenguards decrease screen brightness massively.

Cons:

1. The glass is brittle, phone dropped a few times and got knocks, its chipped in two places, but holding strong, it won't scratch easily but will crack under shocks.

2. Massive glare under sunlight(for the model I am using), I have to use it in a way that I don't look at the sun through the reflection. Matte glass screenguards are available I think.

Point to be noted: Glass screen protector does not prevent your phone screen from getting shattered, its a myth, if it falls hard it will shatter but it gives a slight protection against shocks.

A

amit.tiger12

please mention all screen guards available.. give some info..

I found some..
[h=3]Type 1: invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG[/h] InvisibleSHIELD by ZAGG is made from a patented film equipped with nano-memory technology. This technology imparts a subtle texture to the film, but also provides it with greater pliability and flexibility, self-healing capabilities, and improved grip. invisibleSHIELD comes in three levels of protection, offering coverage for the screen, the back of the device, or the entire device. The invisibleSHIELD screen protector should not wear or scratch, and if it does, the company will replace the protector for free. Every invisibleSHIELD is precision-cut, and can be removed easily without leaving behind a sticky residue.
[h=3]Type 2: Clear Protector[/h] Clear Protector screen protectors offer the protection of thicker films in a formula that is only 2 millimeters thick. These screen protectors are applied using a soap-and-water method which alleviates some of the issues of application, such as bubbles forming under the film. Clear Protectors are available in screen-only versions and in an extended protection version for whole-device coverage. Designed to resist yellowing, they are scratch-proof and virtually invisible. Clear Protectors leave behind no sticky residue if removed and come with a lifetime guarantee.
[h=3]Type 3: XO Skins[/h] XO Skins produces protective polyurethane coverings that not only protect screens, but are said to improve the look of worn screens by filling in a number of existing scratches. Custom-cut for a perfect fit, XO Skins are not only affordable and durable, but are nearly invisible when applied properly.
[h=3]Type 4: ScreenGuardz by BodyGuardz[/h] ScreenGuardz screen protectors, manufactured by BodyGuardz, are known for being durable and easy to apply. Their economically priced Classic Clear protectors adhere statically to a screen and last up to three months. Their line also includes Privacy Protectors, which use special technology that blackens the screen when viewing it from angles greater than 30 degrees. BodyGuardz HD Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint Screen Protectors reduce glare and make it easier to view a screen in direct sunlight or under bright lights. BodyGuardz also has a line of thicker, more durable protectors called UltraTough, which are applied using a spray gel and are treated with an antimicrobial agent.
[h=3]Type 5: MediaDevil Magicscreen[/h] MediaDevil, formerly known as PhoneDevil, opened for business in 2009 and quickly became one of the top sellers of screen protectors. Their Magicscreens are available in four editions: Crystal Clear, Matte Clear, Mirror, and Privacy. Crystal Clear provides invisible protection and does not alter the glossy appearance of the device screen. Matte Clear reduces glare and hides fingerprints. Mirror provides the same level of protection as the other editions, but turns the screen into a mirror when the device is off or asleep. Anyone concerned about wandering eyes while using a smartphone should consider their Privacy edition, which is made from a two-way privacy material that makes the screen appear black if viewed from an angle other than head-on.
[h=3]Type 6: SkinPea Premium Screen Protectors[/h] SkinPea-brand screen protectors use a heavy duty, 8-millimeter film that is resistant to rippling and "orange peeling," i.e., a change in texture which distorts the reflection of the light against the screen. The protectors are UV-resistant to prevent yellowing and are available in kits to provide protection for the front, back, and sides of a device. SkinPea Premium Screen Guards are treated with antimicrobial agents and come with a lifetime warranty, which offers full replacement if the screen protector is torn or damaged under normal use.
[h=3]Type 7: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield[/h] The ArmorSuit MilitaryShield line of screen protectors offers protection from impact, moisture, and abrasions. MilitaryShield is made from an anti-yellowing, transparent film that uses a self-healing technology to eliminate any small scratches that may develop on the film over time. MilitaryShield screen protectors are easy to remove and come with a lifetime replacement warranty.

Zagg InvisibleShield, Spigen Glas.t, Armorz Stealth Extreme R, Moshi iVisor XT, Wrapsol Ultra Hybrid screen protector,

Choose Matte screen protector if you: 1. Stay outdoors for most of the time. 2. Can’t clean the screen protector frequently. 3. Prefer readability over image quality. Go for the Glossy screen guard if you: 1. Work Indoors. 2. Are a smartphone photographer, or a movie buff. 3. Prefer image quality over outdoor use.

anky

Youngling
screenguards from gadheshieldz. Been using it from 2 years and its the best one i could find in that range(300-400)
Offers both matte and glossy.Used glossy for 2 years, now changed it to matte.

Bhargav

In the zone
screenguards from gadgetshieldz. Been using it from 2 years and its the best one i could find in that range(300-400)
Offers both matte and glossy.Used glossy for 2 years, now changed it to matte.

+1 for gadgetshieldz
i was using it for my Moto g 1st Gen
and on my current Nexus 5X

icebags

Technomancer
i use stock screen guard that came with the fone.

with flip cover addon, no complains, no scratches or loss of sensitivity or anything.

A

amit.tiger12

i use stock screen guard that came with the fone.

with flip cover addon, no complains, no scratches or loss of sensitivity or anything.
Not every phone comes with stock screen guard..
Flip cover is mess, every time need flip it..
Back cover has most variety

ajayritik

Technomancer
My wife cracked up the screen of Sony Z1 twice in a week.
In future to minimize the damage to the phone display what is the best screen guard to opt for considering there are chances of frequent falls or hit.

icebags

Technomancer
My wife cracked up the screen of Sony Z1 twice in a week.
In future to minimize the damage to the phone display what is the best screen guard to opt for considering there are chances of frequent falls or hit.

tampered glass + good flip case cover.

golusonu345

Right off the assembly line
Screen guard is very important for phones.. It can save your phone from external threats. Go to mobile accessories store and ask for screen guard for your smart phone. They will provide you the best...

Top Bottom