Screen goes blank randomly

WarrenG

Broken In
I have this strange problem my screen goes blank randomly every few seconds. Earlier it used to be only while playing some graphic intensive games but now it happens when i am on the desktop also .. recently i noticed that it kept going blank during boot-up and shut down also.

The rest of the hardware seems to be running fine and programs are running while the screen is blank only the signal to the monitor keeps getting interrupted, if it stays blank for too long than the monitor shows a "no signal" message.

I have also noticed that the more graphic intensive the task the worse the problem becomes, for example I just installed dead space 1 and the moment the game started loading the screen went blank and stayed that way, only after ctrl-alt-del and the task mgr starting up (game running in background) did the screen come back on.

My Config :
Proc- Intel Dual core 3.0Ghz
MoBo - Mrecury PI945GZD
ram - 2.5GB DDR 2
Graphic - MSI HD radon 5750
PSU - iball 400W
Monitor - ViewSonic VA1703wb

Please realy need help with this problem ... its extremely frustrating specially while playing games like CS :(

OP
W

WarrenG

Broken In
I have the latest version 11.2

also i have noticed that the problem seems to reduce after the PC is on for some time ie after a couple of hours i dont face any problem ...

OP
W

WarrenG

Broken In
anyone else has any ideas ???
the problem seems to be getting worse ... it seems to get triggered by events like opening a new folder in windows explorer or a new link in the browser etc.

Please anyone with any suggestions it would be of great help ...

OP
W

WarrenG

Broken In
PSU needs a change....
5750 on a generic psu?

Clearly ur PSU is the culprit...

i was wondering if the PSU could be the problem but even if the power supply is insufficient shouldent the system shut down or restart instead of going blank and coming on again ?

anyways i am going in for a new PSU would the Corsair VX 450 be sufficient ?

Top Bottom