Screen Flickers In FIFA 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahil_blues

In the zone
I recently installed FIFA 2005....the problem is that when i run the game the screen flickers (a wide black rectangle keeps coming in between)...what might be causing this??.....i have a P4, 3GHz, 512 DDR, GFX 5200XT pc.....is it because iam using an LCD monitor???......

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
yeah i have....all the different res with different colour depths....but still the same thing happens.....strangely if i play any other game(which works properly) after FIFA 2005 the flickering starts in that game too!!.....but once i restart my comp the other games work properly(here also if i dont play fifa before).....also i noticed that as soon as i launch fifa2005 my monitor changes its resolution 2-3 times before the actual EA sports comes.....wats happening???

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
try changing ur display drivers ..... .. also install ur monitor drivers ...

Also i'd recommend you to get the newer forceware drivers namely the 77.72 whql ..... they dont have any kind of bugs ... moreover u should notice a boost in performance too ....

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
deathvirus_me said:
try changing ur display drivers ..... .. also install ur monitor drivers ...

Also i'd recommend you to get the newer forceware drivers namely the 77.72 whql ..... they dont have any kind of bugs ... moreover u should notice a boost in performance too ....

thanx dude....the problem was with drivers.....i updated them its all working fine now....thanx again

allindrome

Journeyman
The problem is only with the 66.8x and 66.9x series drivers.Any other driver would do.I wouldn't recommend the 77.82 drivers for 5200 because it leads to severe lock-ups in some games as it is specifcally designed for the 7800 series.The best drivers for 5200 are the 65 series.They offer the best performance.The 77 series drivers might give a slightly higher score in benchmarks but it suffers a lot in actual gameplay for older cards.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
I used 2 get the same problem when I had installed the game on my nv 5600 Ultra .. but installing the then latest drivers 70 series didn't help.. whenever I tried 2 run the game my drivers were getting corrupted and I had 2 reinstall the drivers again. Finally, uninstalled the game.

surewaugh

Broken In
it happens to me also..
although i updated my graphics cards,the flickering continues..
later on i found out that,
this happens to me only at OLD Trafford stadium..
i think the stadium file must be corrupted...

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
since ive updated my drivers....if i play a game for too long like for an hour (any game) and exit the game, my comp just turns off....i mean not the proper turn off but the one which takes place in half a second!!!!....then when i switch it on and reach my desktop, i get an error that the system has recovered from a serious error....why is this happening??....is this some kind of a driver conflict??

anubhav_har

In the zone
try upgrading your display drivers.. the new drivers on the nvidia site is creating the problem... if you have a xfxforce card check their site for the recommended drivers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom