Scratched screen!

rahul_c

Journeyman
So I went to a local mobile shop to laminate my mobile screen, the stupid f**ker did it all wrong. He somehow created a big-@$$ scratch in screen border from his blade! :banghead: I found it today when I removed the lamination!
So now my phone look shitty from front. :mad:
I was thinking of changing the screen, has anyone done it? How much will it cost?
Its a LG Optimus Net P690.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hey buddy, chill. No need to use all those expletives here, or you might just be painting a big-@$$ target sign on yourself. :p

Is your phone in warranty?

Well, if you noticed it at the time of the lamination itself, you could try to get the dealer himself to change the screen. Now that its too late, you'll have to change it yourself. I think it might cost you some.

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
Its rooted as of now, I rooted using Super One Click. It also has option to unroot if I did that, it will be again under warranty I guess.

Cant I just go to a LG service center and ask them? They do allow to change screen, right? How much will it cost I am not going to spend more than 1K.

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
Ok. I was just hyper in morning, scratch is in corner away from display area. It is big and painfully visible but functionality is not hindered in any way.
Will use it like this for a while but get new one latter, cause there is no way I am getting free one anyway. So no need to hurry.
How will it cost anyway, approx?

clmlbx

Technomancer
little offtopic:

why do you guys laminate on mobile screens.. I personally did it one on my Nok 5235 and removed it another that laminate material is so thick and anti clear which totally ruins viewing pleasure on your phone.. Instead why don't you buy better scratch resistance, yes it very expensive comparing to lamination but it is absolutely worth it..

No offence to anyone just a general opinion :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Its rooted as of now, I rooted using Super One Click. It also has option to unroot if I did that, it will be again under warranty I guess.

Cant I just go to a LG service center and ask them? They do allow to change screen, right? How much will it cost I am not going to spend more than 1K.

LG service center guys won't look for root. you are paying for having the screen changed not the software or asking for repair.

Ok. I was just hyper in morning, scratch is in corner away from display area. It is big and painfully visible but functionality is not hindered in any way.
Will use it like this for a while but get new one latter, cause there is no way I am getting free one anyway. So no need to hurry.
How will it cost anyway, approx?

buy a screen guard from any online shop (check flipkart, homeshop18, letsbuy, etc) and apply it. it may hide the scratch.

Manickaraj

Broken In
So I went to a local mobile shop to laminate my mobile screen, the stupid f**ker did it all wrong. He somehow created a big-@$$ scratch in screen border from his blade! :banghead: I found it today when I removed the lamination!
So now my phone look shitty from front. :mad:
I was thinking of changing the screen, has anyone done it? How much will it cost?
Its a LG Optimus Net P690.

Dint u insure ur phone at the time of purchase?

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
Dint u insure ur phone at the time of purchase?
Insure my phone huh, its a 10k mobile! I myself dont have any insurance I am aware of! :eek:

LG service center guys won't look for root. you are paying for having the screen changed not the software or asking for repair.
Buy a screen guard from any online shop (check flipkart, homeshop18, letsbuy, etc) and apply it. it may hide the scratch.
Ok probably right, why would root matter to them.
I asked for screen guards at several shops, but they did'nt had for my specific model. I will buy it online when I get my screen changed.
As of now I am OK, with scratched mobile. It actually made me to get out with new phone phase. :D

Manickaraj

Broken In
Insure my phone huh, its a 10k mobile! I myself dont have any insurance I am aware of! :eek:

It doesn't matter. For that phone, insurance wont even cost u more than 300. It is not nokia 1100. I suggest all my friends to insure their touchscreen phones. It covers both theft and accident. U might be aware of that. But anyways, it is too late now.

Oh ya and do insure yourself. I am pretty sure u wud ve insured ur bike.

Last edited:
OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
It doesn't matter. For that phone, insurance wont even cost u more than 300. It is not nokia 1100. I suggest all my friends to insure their touchscreen phones. It covers both theft and accident. U might be aware of that. But anyways, it is too late now.

Oh ya and do insure yourself. I am pretty sure u wud ve insured ur bike.

I did not knew that, will definately do it from next time onwards.

R2K

In the Zone
Got it yesterday and screwed it while applying, there goes Rs 150 down the drain :banghead:

You should have taken your device to some mobile phone store. (Most of them apply those screen protectors for free if you purchase it from them. Just make sure those people actually know what they are doing..

Earlier I took my device to one store and that guy took 15 min to apply screen protector which looked horrible with a sh!tload of bubbles in them. And before 2 weeks I went to another store to reapply the screen protector and guess what?
This guy just took less than 15 sec to apply it And this time there is just a small bubble at the corner which I can ignore:wink:

Top Bottom