Scientists Discovered the Egyptian Secret to Moving Huge Pyramid Stones

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
The question of just how an ancient civilization—without the help of modern technology—moved the 2.5 ton stones that made up their famed pyramids has long plagued Egyptologists and mechanical engineers alike. But now, a team from the University of Amsterdam believes they've figured it out, even though the solution was staring them in the face all along.

It all comes down to friction. See, the ancient Egyptians would transport their rocky cargo across the desert sands, from quarry to monument site with large sleds. Pretty basic sleds, basically just large slabs with upturned edges. Now, when you try to pull a large slab with upturned edges carrying a 2.5 ton load, it tends to dig into the sand ahead of it, building up a sand berm that must then be regularly cleared before it can become an even bigger obstacle.

Wet sand, however, doesn't do this. In sand with just the right amount of dampness, capillary bridges—essentially microdroplets of water that bind grains of sand to one another through capillary action—form across the grains, which doubles the material's relative stiffness. This prevents the sand from berming in front of the sled and cuts the force required to drag the sled in half. In half.

As a UvA press release explains,

The physicists placed a laboratory version of the Egyptian sledge in a tray of sand. They determined both the required pulling force and the stiffness of the sand as a function of the quantity of water in the sand. To determine the stiffness they used a rheometer, which shows how much force is needed to deform a certain volume of sand.

Experiments revealed that the required pulling force decreased proportional to the stiffness of the sand...A sledge glides far more easily over firm desert sand simply because the sand does not pile up in front of the sledge as it does in the case of dry sand.
These experiments served to confirm what the Egyptians clearly already knew, and what we probably already should have. Artwork within the tomb of Djehutihotep, which was discovered in the Victorian Era, depicts a scene of slaves hauling a colossal statue of the Middle Kingdom ruler and in it, a guy at the front of the sled is shown pouring liquid into the sand. You can see it in the image above, just to the right of the statue's foot.

from gizmodo

rish1

Cyborg Agent
correct me if i am wrong but i don't think edward would have built his castle this way .. also he was alone

his was not even in desert i think and he was able to move his whole castle to another location all by himself and 1 truck..

there is still something else going on , maybe the above method also works but i don't think that edward or even egyptians made with that tech

egyptians were also very advanced .. they had batteries in that time period..

and the how do you answer those lifting of blocks as desmond asked..

anti gravity , magnetism all the way :D

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
[MENTION=138559]rish[/MENTION], [MENTION=5007]DeSmOnD dAvId[/MENTION], *cdn.geckoandfly.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ancient-aliens-guy.jpg

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, they could have made a spiral pathway to the top of the pyramid from the bottom that they must have used to drag the block upwards, that they must have covered up as they built.

Just a theory I have.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=138559]rish[/MENTION], [MENTION=5007]DeSmOnD dAvId[/MENTION], *cdn.geckoandfly.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ancient-aliens-guy.jpg

lol haha nice one..
wasn't this ancient aliens program debunked long ago.. but damn they always come up with a new season..
[MENTION=156672]Desmond[/MENTION] how do you explain them cutting those big pieces of rocks into perfectly smooth pieces with smooth edges .. it couldn't have been done by simple tools like hammer etc..

the clues given by edward points to magnetism/ anti gravity .. maybe at certain locations on earth gravity tends to get altered which can then be utilized . All physical Laws have limits..

if it were that simple i think he would have revealed it long ago, he wouldn't have kept this as a secret for whole of his life..

Both edward and tesla said that the current science (of their time period ) is approaching Magnetism , electricity in a wrong way .. don't know what is the situation today..

i believe everything tesla said .. HE was the Science God :D Absolute Genius ! if history channel comes up and says Tesla Was an alien .. i wont doubt them .. :D

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i am a n00b in this subject, but arent we talking about effing deserts?? and so much water from only the Nile??

i believe everything tesla said .. HE was the Science God :D Absolute Genius ! if history channel comes up and says Tesla Was an alien .. i wont doubt them .. :D

i hear ye.

Tesla was The One True Scientist. much much ahead of his time.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
i am a n00b in this subject, but arent we talking about effing deserts?? and so much water from only the Nile??

i hear ye.

That is without any doubt,and a true Memorable + Honourable Forefather of our civilization...

rish1

Cyborg Agent

i hear ye.

That is without any doubt,and a true Memorable + Honourable Forefather of our civilization...

he wasn't just an engineer/scientist he was a human being with super powers :D

He was able to listen thundershocks from 550 miles .. was able to listen to flapping of insects wings from 3 rooms far.. he had 13 times more powerful hearing than anybody else

He was able to visualize machines in his head , lay it apart run it for weeks in his mind .. the wear and tear in his mind would be exactly equal to the real life machine.. he was able to build all his machines this way.. he was able to send pictures from his mind to somebody else ( telepathy ) .. he never used any models , diagrams all was in his head .. he would never make a real life machine without creating it and perfecting it first before in his mind.. and every time he made a real life one he was so Precise that it would work every time

He used to never sleep more than 2 hours with occasional naps in between

He survived or cured himself of life threatening diseases 2 times after being given up by doctors..

He had the reflexes of spiderman at the age of 59.. ( 1 incident )

He had some other Problems though

Migranes in his early life which he later got control,Obsessive compulsive disorder , reluctance to round and pointy objects , obsessive with number 3 , He fell in love with a pigeon in his later life ( don't know why people consider it as bad )

He is the most awesome man i have ever known about and everytime i hear his name i feel sorry for him that he died alone and pennyless with most of his work stolen and never gotten the credit he deserved due to a*****e b******s like Thomas Edison

according to me Einstein was a kid in front of Tesla( he only rode on a photon once and told us speed of light , and relationship about E=mc2 whereas tesla was his father he freaking built a death ray in his mind that can kill 10,000 people at once , provided us means of free Electricity to all , internet , radio , motors , Normal Light bulb ( yes it was not made by edison ) , fluorescent light bulb , Alternating current , jet plane and god knows what experiments did he not made public )

and he did all of this for no money at all only for the human race.. and what did he get in return in end ?

and every 5 year old kid knows about Einstein but only engineering college guys are aware about Tesla that too very little.. Deepest Respect to the man, may he rest peacefully :pray:

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
so, Tesla has become most famous for not being famous. I get it.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
so, Tesla has become most famous for not being famous. I get it.

*izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-let-the-future-tell-the-truth-and-evaluate-each-one-according-to-his-work-and-accomplishments-the-nikola-tesla-183683.jpg

Flash

Lost in speed
he wasn't just an engineer/scientist he was a human being with super powers :D

He was able to listen thundershocks from 550 miles .. was able to listen to flapping of insects wings from 3 rooms far.. he had 13 times more powerful hearing than anybody else

He was able to visualize machines in his head , lay it apart run it for weeks in his mind .. the wear and tear in his mind would be exactly equal to the real life machine.. he was able to build all his machines this way.. he was able to send pictures from his mind to somebody else ( telepathy ) .. he never used any models , diagrams all was in his head .. he would never make a real life machine without creating it and perfecting it first before in his mind.. and every time he made a real life one he was so Precise that it would work every time

He used to never sleep more than 2 hours with occasional naps in between

He survived or cured himself of life threatening diseases 2 times after being given up by doctors..

He had the reflexes of spiderman at the age of 59.. ( 1 incident )

He had some other Problems though

Migranes in his early life which he later got control,Obsessive compulsive disorder , reluctance to round and pointy objects , obsessive with number 3 , He fell in love with a pigeon in his later life ( don't know why people consider it as bad )

He is the most awesome man i have ever known about and everytime i hear his name i feel sorry for him that he died alone and pennyless with most of his work stolen and never gotten the credit he deserved due to a*****e b******s like Thomas Edison

according to me Einstein was a kid in front of Tesla( he only rode on a photon once and told us speed of light , and relationship about E=mc2 whereas tesla was his father he freaking built a death ray in his mind that can kill 10,000 people at once , provided us means of free Electricity to all , internet , radio , motors , Normal Light bulb ( yes it was not made by edison ) , fluorescent light bulb , Alternating current , jet plane and god knows what experiments did he not made public )

and he did all of this for no money at all only for the human race.. and what did he get in return in end ?

and every 5 year old kid knows about Einstein but only engineering college guys are aware about Tesla that too very little.. Deepest Respect to the man, may he rest peacefully :pray:
Are these really true? Coz i couldn't find the source..

Top Bottom