scandisk corrupted my 60gb of data plz help me to recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

din4204u

Broken In
guys yesterday when i switched on my system loaded with xp....scandisk started doing its usual work and it showed some errores in my e:/music folder.it showed that "unrecoverable error has occured" and i loged in the system.when i checked my e:/music i was shocked to see that the whole 60 gb of mp3 song folder has become a 32kb FILE with icon like an unknown format.and to my surprise when i checked the partition properties i found that
there is no blank space of the data loss.infact i was having around 2 gb free on the partition before and after becoming my loving music folder a 32kb file.....i m with 2 gb remaining space on this partition too.so how shuld i recover my data.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

rajiv.b

Broken In
Dont worry. just be calm and follow the steps given below

1. dont copy or move anything to the drive.
2. dont format it or u loose all the data
3.get "recover my files" software from the net or digit cd. I dont know the exact month but its there in the digit cd.
4. install the software on a drive other then the drive from which data has to be recovered

5. scan the drive using the software.
6. Hope you will get all your files back . but for a trial version u would only view those files. to recover the files you should get a serial number and u know how to get it 8)

7. so go ahead. and play around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom