SBI Yuva Debit Card

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Hi,
Wanna know if there is any advantage of SBI Yuva Debit Card over regular sbi debit card ?
Any disadvantage ?
What's the eligibility ?
Can I change from regular debit card to Yuva without any problem ?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Advantages :
1. It's a VISA Card. So obviously has global usage facility.
2. Every merchant will accept it as it's VISA over the regular Maestro.

Disadvantages / Eligibility :
1. Issued only if age is below 30. After 30, you won't be able to use the card.

But nowadays, SBI are not issuing Maestro Debit Card. Instead they are giving Silver VISA Debit Card by default.

So if you have old A/c and Maestro Debit Card, just contact your Branch and get the Silver Card instead of Yuva Card.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for reply!
If over age 30 there will be no value then for few years I don't need.
I have old A/C and and Maestro Debit Card.
I think they charge near 150 per year.
Can I get Silver VISA Debit Card without any extra charge ?
Tried Google but could not find any info about this card.
Can you tell me if any advantage or disadvantage over regular old card ?

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Visit your SBI branch and apply for VISA Gold International debit card. The annual fees is Rs.200/- I think. You can keep and use the maestro card also. This card is useful for purchases made in Indian sites only. It didn't work on any foreign sites like amazon.com. amazon will accept this card but cannot debit from the card.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Thanks for reply!
If over age 30 there will be no value then for few years I don't need.
I have old A/C and and Maestro Debit Card.
I think they charge near 150 per year.
Can I get Silver VISA Debit Card without any extra charge ?
Tried Google but could not find any info about this card.
Can you tell me if any advantage or disadvantage over regular old card ?

It shouldn't be 150, either 50 or 100 max. But honestly, what "advantages" are you expecting?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
That's right. It's 50/- for ATM Card per year.

Which has been replaced by new Classic / Silver VISA Debit Card nowadays.

The charge for card is 102/year. And card replacement charge is 204/-.

BTW, AFAIK, you have to replace the card if you want to get the new card. You can't keep both the cards. I faced the same issue while getting that new card. So I guess you can't waive off the replacement fees :p

Though this thing depends on bank to bank.

And regarding advantages, VISA and Master Card are international cards and accepted globally over local Maestro Card.

For more info visit :: STATE BANK OF INDIA :: Safe Banking With SBI ::. Google won't reveal much as SBI site is not designed for better SEO Manner. They uses frames probably :(

Navigate to sbi.co.in > Select Personal Banking from Quick Links (top left) > Services (on left pane) > Card (on left pane) > Debit Card (on left pane).

Everything is mentioned there.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^are you sure?if account is in the name of a single person then he/she can only get 1 debit & 1 credit card.he/she can get add-on credit card but not another debit card as far as i know.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for all replies!

And regarding advantages, VISA and Master Card are international cards and accepted globally over local Maestro Card.

Locally means only in Kolkata/WB or in India ?
As for international I guess I will never go outside India not even outside WB.
Better I'm gonna try for Credit Card later(when I will get better salary) for PayPal,amazon etc.
And I thinks bank is charging more than 50 may be I have checks ?
Checks totally useless for me still I have not use a single in my life.
Waste.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
You can always get multiple cards for a single account.

IDK. I faced the problem that's why I stated it here. They didn't allowed me to keep both the card. I had to pay replacement fees.

Thanks for all replies!

Locally means only in Kolkata/WB or in India ?
As for international I guess I will never go outside India not even outside WB.
Better I'm gonna try for Credit Card later(when I will get better salary) for PayPal,amazon etc.
And I thinks bank is charging more than 50 may be I have checks ?
Checks totally useless for me still I have not use a single in my life.
Waste.

Well. As sujay said, why you want to get a VISA / Master Card? If you don't need any, leave it.

Yes, banks charges for checks, if you get check book with above 25 pages. They have some limit for a year I guess too. So check with your branch, why they deducting the amount..!!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^are you sure?if account is in the name of a single person then he/she can only get 1 debit & 1 credit card.he/she can get add-on credit card but not another debit card as far as i know.

I'm sorry, multiple cards can be issued only in case of joint accounts. If in the name of single person, then it has to be specific account such as, defence accounts etc which are eligible for it. I said my earlier statement due to a confusion bank created, damn; it led to issue of 4 cards for one of my account.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Yeah. They give 25 Pages Cheque Book by default. And they charge a price anually for Cheque Facility.

Check my pass book.
Annual ATM Fees is Rs.100/-.
But,did not seen any Cheque related thing but I'm sure they cut at least 50 per year doesn't matter I use or not.
If Silver VISA Debit Card annual fees 102 then I only have to pay 204 for card replacement and extra Rs.2/- per year more.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@dashing.sujay,you actually got 4 simultaneously working cards?which bank :)

1 card in hand, but 4 issued according to bank; SBI, joint account. One card per person is allowed, but I don't know how they issued 4 cards, and I came to know when I contacted CC once to get my card blocked. I was being charged for all those too.

Top Bottom