1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

SB live! 24 bit problems in fedora core 4

Discussion in 'Open Source' started by borg, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borg

borg New Member

People I need some help with my SB live 24 bit card.

I am using Fedora core 4. The sound card works but the sound keeps cracking & stuttering. Don't know what to do. Also I am unable to record anything. Any solutions.

2. praka123

praka123 left this forum longback

I dont have Ur Sound Card.But the general way is to update
    your Alsa rpms for alsa-drivers,alsa-lib,alsa-utils,libasound2,alsa-kernelmodule-ur kernel version to the latest one available.for rpms U can go to
    http://www.atrpms.net
    Hopefully there may have some bug fixes etc in newer alsa.also after updating alsa,try alsaconf to configure Audio for You.for multiple sound instances enable sound @ startup with Gnome for gstreamer.adjust sound and recording levels with gnome-volume-control and unmute the relevent one and in preference select ALSA PCM.and finally save your sound settings with
    Code:
    alsactl -d store
    Best of LUX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.