saving flash filez on hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugger

Banned
i often recieve e-greeting with flash animations in it. i was wondering if it is possible to save them on my hdd and play them later

enjoy

Journeyman
Use the browser Maxthon. There is a button on the toolbar "FlashSave". Its anice plugin. It will let you save all flash files on any web page.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
in Firefox
go to Tools -> Page Info -> Media Tab
look for a .swf file in given list...
and press 'Save As..'

in IE (crude method)
go to View -> Source
it will open a notepad showing the page source
search for "swf" in the notepad window
when you find it, copy the whole URL of the swf file in any standard download acclerator and download it
(another method)
go to Tools -> Internet Options -> General Tab
Temporary Internet Files -> Settings -> View Files
arrange them by type
and copy all .swf files to another directory

-----
alibi

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Go to the page's source.
Search for .swf. If u are lucky, then u will have the full path to the flash file. Else, you can construct the full path from the relative path.
Now that u have the full path, copy that and paste it in any download manager (I used dap) and download to a local location.

Or, u can go to your browser's cache and try rummaging thru recently created/modified flash files and save urself a copy.

vijay_v

Broken In
there are many softwares available which help in saving flash files which appear in the browser..... they add a new menu item in the context menu of the browser and also a floating menu whenever u hover ur mouse over the flash item....

one such software is EzSaveflash.... this is a shareware.... u might find some freewares too....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom