saving files from youtube!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaketh

Right off the assembly line
Youtube is a great resource. Not many sites allows users to freely upload, view, and share video clips like YouTube does. YouTube even lets users easily post videos on their blogs and personal web sites. But because anyone can upload a video clip on YouTube, copyright violations are rampant. In an effort to prevent the widespread distribution of illegal copied video files, YouTube encodes its video files in the Macromedia Flash format, which prevents viewers from downloading files and making digital copies. While we wait for YouTube to let users freely download video off their site, there's a way to get around this limitation.

Though some of u hav ur own method, here's one on how to copy video files off YouTube.com and convert them into other formats. Since there r many ways to do this, each specific to OSes or Browsers,I reckon this trick will work on every thing bcoz it plays with HTML codes and doesn’t require any other thing to do this!

So here it is…

• Go to YouTube.com and find a clip you like. Every video page on YouTube has a little EMBED box that allows you copy code and post YouTube video clips on your website. We are going to take advanage of this.
•Copy the code and paste it into a text edit program like TextEdit (Mac) or Notepad (PC). The code will look something like this:

<object width="425" height="350">
<param name="movie" value="*www.youtube.com/v/-
oNQXLNMh0c"></param>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed
src="*www.youtube.com/v/-oNQXLNMh0c"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></
object>

• You are looking for the URL of the video file. In the example above that would be: *www.youtube.com/v/-oNQXLNMh0c. Copy this URL and paste it into a new web browser window and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
• The YouTube clip should load your web browser as a full screen clip. Press play and wait for the video to load.

•Now take a closer look at the URL. It's different than what you pasted in there. It's a lot longer right? It should look something like this: *www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=-oN...Mh0c/2.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskJaNd08X90swYCiZMZTzBdb

•The next step is to change the piece of code that says "p.swf" to "get_video". So the example above should look like this after the change: *www.youtube.com/get_video?video_id...Mh0c/2.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskJaNd08X90swYCiZMZTzBdb

•Press return and your video will start to download.

•Save it to your Desktop

Apart frm IE ,I hope every one will be having Opera and Firefox. Though I do agree opera is somewhat faster than firefox, I think firefox is better in this method.(Opinion differs Anyway!)
Do remember to save file with extension ".flv".

I reckon u guys know abt MPLAYER(great player!) which is capable of playing files of any extensions ,apart frm VLC though navigation is possible in neither case. There is a video converter by name “REPLAY CONVERTER” which will be of great use even for home users apart frm converting .flv to other format

Its up to u to get that one in ur usual way(I hope u got it!);)

Hope its useful for u,
Chaket.

Last edited:
OP
C

chaketh

Right off the assembly line
ok guy tats wat i stated in begining.i jus wanted to post it for newbies.anyway,is there any hack to bypass rapidshare timedelay?(apart frm changing dynamic IP address in broadband connections

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Thanks chaketh.
is there any way to download animated greeting card from websites like 123greatings.com

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
*vixy.net/flv_converter

Download the YouTube video in AVI or MOV formats. ;)

CadCrazy

in search of myself
i have copied the below link from source page & pasted it in the browser but it was not downloaded. img.123greetings.com/loaders/dynaloader_550x350.swf?ldrName=*img.123greetings.com/eventsnew/ejan_ny_flowers/8607-004_ldr.swf&crdName=*img.123greetings.com/eventsnew/ejan_ny_flowers/8607-004-46-1062.swf

plz tell me how to download it

anilmail17

Journeyman
hii chaketh use this code copy and paste this code in address bar and press enter to bypass timer in rapidshare
Code:
javascript: void(c=0);

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
anilmail17 said:
hii chaketh use this code copy and paste this code in address bar and press enter to bypass timer in rapidshare
Code:
javascript: void(c=0);

NICE man nice
rep'd u

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
you can also use bookmarks in ie for this purpose
1. Open IE
2. Right Click On This Link
3. Select Add to Favorites
4. Select Yes to the warning that the bookmark may be unsafe.
5. Name it "RapidShare No Wait"
6. Click on the Links folder (if you want to display it in your IE toolbar)
7. Click OK
8. You may need to close and reopen IE to see it
9. Goto rapidshare and click the bookmarklet when you are forced to wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom