SATA HDD & Dualboot Win98/WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nariman

Journeyman
Am using WinXP Pro on Intel D865GBF MB, 80 GB SATA HDD 7200, 2 x 256 Mb DDR SDRAM.
I intend to format my HDD and install both WIN98 & WinXP in dual boot.
I am told that with a SATA HDD dualboot is not possible.
Can someone enlighten me on this.
Regards
Nariman

anubhav_har

In the zone
Sorry man SATA hard drives are not supported by Windows 98. No chance of dual booting using a SATA Drive. Out of Luck Buddy!!!!!! But hang on if you can manage another normal ATA drive and install windows 98 on that one then you can dual boot.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
pradeep_chauhan said:
Please enlighten me why would someone want win 98 today? and that too with win XP on a p4 system.

the person i think needs to experience the pleasure of driving a bullock cart with a ferrari engine in it ...!!!!

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
grinning_devil said:
pradeep_chauhan said:
Please enlighten me why would someone want win 98 today? and that too with win XP on a p4 system.

the person i think needs to experience the pleasure of driving a bullock cart with a ferrari engine in it ...!!!!

Well Said.

kash

Right off the assembly line
Hi No man with sate u cannot dual boot with 98 becoz 98 wont support 98. u may user 1 pata & 1 sata hdd in pata install 98 & in sata install xp to dual boot use xosl software to boot between 2 osese but remember xosl should bein pata hdd ok

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
anubhav_har said:
Sorry man SATA hard drives are not supported by Windows 98. No chance of dual booting using a SATA Drive. Out of Luck Buddy!!!!!! But hang on if you can manage another normal ATA drive and install windows 98 on that one then you can dual boot.
man r u sure?
have a look at this...my problem

suhasingale

Journeyman
Hey Nariman I faced the same problem but then i found the solution too. Just u hav to make a little change in ur BIOS to use dual Boot,
Reboot and go to BIOS, In bios goto Drive configuration, there u will find an option with selected Enhanced or Legacy i don't remember properly but If it is Enhanced change it to Legacy And Vice versa, There r only two option there so change it to the other one and reinstall both OS it will definitely Work...
PM me if u hav n e prbs further

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom