Samsung Wave reaches 1m global sales and GS at 300,000 (SK)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Read the article here:

Samsung Wave sales reach 1M, Galaxy S keeps the pace - GSMArena.com news

This is amazing. I saw that the sales are strong but 1m in a month is really strong and this should get lot of Developers to build apps for Bada OS.

Galaxy S too is showing strong sales in South Korea, selling 300,000 units in two weeks and global sales too look strong.

All in all, this is going to one hell of a quarter for Samsung and should give them lot of confidence. << I can sense the relief that Bada OS team is having now>> :)

PS: I wish Nokia should've been in this situation with N8+Maemo.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Samsung have done all correct with Wave....Its absolutely worth the money..

All the reviews have praised it.

Now I want Samsung India to improve upon their after sales support.
It will give more confidence to customers.

In my city we have a small 2 shop size samsung service center in a not-so-good area:evil:

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
BTW I have checked the phone and it felt so solid with all those brushed metal, gorgeous display and all. I almost missed Android on it. Is BADA (or whatever?) an open source OS?

hackerzlab

Journeyman
bro, samsung wave for Rs 17,308.00

Samsung S8500 Wave Phone Details - touchscreen;Accelerometer;pushmail;Bada OS;gps;3g;wi-fi; :: UniverCell - The Mobile Expert - Buy Mobile phones, best mobile phone deals, cellphone accessories

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
ah. sorry. the price I mentioned is for GS. and yes. wave sells for 17k

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Update : Galaxy S global sales has crossed 1Million and Samsung expecting to sell 10millions handsets.

Source: Samsung Galaxy S sales reach seven figures, Samsung crosses fingers and hopes to push 9 more millions

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
Am a typical Ñokia user for last 5 yrs. But monsters like Nxas one & galaxy s has changd mah mind with android OS.
As i dont knw anythg abt android OS u guys plz provide me the in depth review of it , 2.2 if possible.

Thè dilemma :
1. android OS vs symbian 3
which one is worth 2 buy in fone .
2. Can android OS compete with Meego .

Any info about galaxy s pro, nokia n9.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Am a typical Ñokia user for last 5 yrs. But monsters like Nxas one & galaxy s has changd mah mind with android OS.
As i dont knw anythg abt android OS u guys plz provide me the in depth review of it , 2.2 if possible.

Thè dilemma :
1. android OS vs symbian 3
which one is worth 2 buy in fone .
2. Can android OS compete with Meego .

Any info about galaxy s pro, nokia n9.

1. Definitely Android
2. Meego will take atleast a year or two to get a solid base or Nokia may abandon it for something else.

Right now, I would not rely on any Nokia platform. They are too volatile. Go and get Android based phone. But do ask us once you are ready with cash (on which phone to buy).

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
1. Definitely Android
2. Meego will take atleast a year or two to get a solid base or Nokia may abandon it for something else.

Right now, I would not rely on any Nokia platform. They are too volatile. Go and get Android based phone. But do ask us once you are ready with cash (on which phone to buy).

Would u plz explain how android is better than symbian?
I wana review the android OS , give me the source or something or where i can find the same.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I wana review the android OS , give me the source or something or where i can find the same.
you just need to go to a mobile store where they have test pieces of good android phones like HTC Legend, samsung GS, moto milestone etc and you will know why. It's better than me explaining every single thing about android through forum.

in the meantime, check this : *www.youtube.com/watch?v=klg7xcRJ-Gk&feature=related

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!

well people like change.so it is obvious why everyone's singing in sync for Android.

Moreover Nokia hasn't made any significant change in their UI and technology even after these many years after the launch of first iPhone (N8 is the first one). Their hardware is also too slow when compared with iPhone and handsets running on Android. They may continue to be market leader owing to their cheap handsets for the masses but not for long...

It would not be wise to say that they are going to abandon MeeGo. Symbian will still be shipped with all the Nokia devices except N-Series so they will continue endorsing both of these platforms. But future of Symbian^3 seems bleak at this moment of time. Or maybe they will ship it with other high end handsets...

I am also desperate to purchase an Android based phone because they are damn fast. It is just that they are very expensive (only those which I like ;) )

Top Bottom