Samsung UA32EH5000R vs LG 32LS4600

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
Hi, I am looking for a 32 inch Full HD LED television (with DLNA and 3D capabilities if possible and CMR >=100) but without smart features.
What is the difference between EDGE LED and DIRECT LED? Does the former have better picture quality or just lower power consumption??
I am open to SONY, SAMSUNG, LG, PANASONIC, PHILIPS and TOSHIBA (in decreasing order of preference) only.
I have done some researching and have come up with a few models that I am considering.
My budget is 35-40K (max).

1. SAMSUNG
i) UA32EH6030R @ MRP 45K (my favourite at the moment because of its 3D capabilities)
ii) UA32EH5000R @ MRP 35K

2. LG
i) 32LS4600 @ MRP 43.9K
ii) 32LV3500 @ MRP 40K

(Both these LG Models seem to have exactly the same specs and features, so what is the difference between the two??)

3. SONY KDL-32 EX650 @ MRP 47.9K (though I think that this is beyond my budget)

4. Panasonic TH-L32E5D

What is your opinion about these models?
Are there any other models that I should be considering apart from the ones mentioned above??
Any kind of help will always be highly appreciated!
Thanks a lot Guys!!! :)

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
32EH5000 is retailing for 33k and EH6030 is for 37k, thats the maximum price one should pay, it is known as the SRP, bargaining can be done on these prices too.
Dump all and get Samsung 32ES5600 if you don't want to go for a 3D as according to me getting a 3D TV is waste of money but thats my personal thinking.

eduku

32EH5000 is retailing for 33k and EH6030 is for 37k, thats the maximum price one should pay, it is known as the SRP, bargaining can be done on these prices too.
Dump all and get Samsung 32ES5600 if you don't want to go for a 3D as according to me getting a 3D TV is waste of money but thats my personal thinking.

Thanks man!

But what exactly did you mean by "SRP" ??

Can you please give me some idea of the prices of the TV's of the other companies, namely LG, Sony and Panasonic, if possible??

PS. I know that I will rarely use 3D but when you think about it that if for 4-5 K more you get a 3D TV instead of a 2D that also comes with 2 free 3D glasses, then I think that its a good idea to go for it!! :-D

And what is your opinion about PQ of Samsung vs Lg vs Sony vs Panasonic vs Philips LED TV's that come within 40K ??

Thanks again man, really appreciate your help!!
:)

aroraanant

Explorer
Panasonic stands no where and even Philips is not that good.
Lg is good in 3D TV Segment.
Sony is good but it doesn't plays much format(specially mkv format is not supported) and that is a big pain to me.
So now left is Samsung, in that EH5000 is a cheap and good option and EH6030 is the cheapest 3D TV I think, and we compare both of these two only then obviously EH6030 is good as it has got a 3D feature and cost just 3-4k more. But if we see ES5600 then technically it is a very good TV, and during diwali time there was a very good offer going on, during that time it was retailing for 39k with 51 movie pack+ WiFi Dongle+ Skype Camera so that was a very good deal, the it is retailing for 42k and Skype camera is not there too(Though not sure of the scheme and prices right now) but it can be easily bought for 40k or less anyday if you are good at bargaining.

eduku

Panasonic stands no where and even Philips is not that good.
Lg is good in 3D TV Segment.
Sony is good but it doesn't plays much format(specially mkv format is not supported) and that is a big pain to me.
So now left is Samsung, in that EH5000 is a cheap and good option and EH6030 is the cheapest 3D TV I think, and we compare both of these two only then obviously EH6030 is good as it has got a 3D feature and cost just 3-4k more. But if we see ES5600 then technically it is a very good TV, and during diwali time there was a very good offer going on, during that time it was retailing for 39k with 51 movie pack+ WiFi Dongle+ Skype Camera so that was a very good deal, the it is retailing for 42k and Skype camera is not there too(Though not sure of the scheme and prices right now) but it can be easily bought for 40k or less anyday if you are good at bargaining.

Thanks again man, but could you explain what SRP means??
And can I get the EH6030R for 37K now??

randomuser111

Technomancer
Well Philips is actually better than Samsung and LG, maybe even better than Sony in that range. Panasonic is on par with LG. :)

aroraanant

Explorer
SRP I think means Samsung Retail price, means Samsung Stores or any store can't sell it higher and even lower than that price, the billing will be of 37k only but bargaining still can be done as there is a lot of margin on these, you can get it for 35k easily if you bargain properly.Remember the the if the dealer is selling the same to you for 35k, most probably the the amount papers will be 37k

aroraanant

Explorer
I have auditioned Panasonic models and have seen a couple of philips sets too but I haven't auditioned Philips new range, if you people say then I will surely audition them and will update my knowledge :)

@eduku- If Flipkart is offering delivery of LED TVs at your place then they are offering the old Samsung 32D5900 at a very good price i.e. 35.5k only, believe me that set is really very good(though it is an old model).

Last edited:

passionp.garg

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I am looking for a 32 inch Full HD LED television (with DLNA and 3D capabilities if possible and CMR >=100) but without smart features.
What is the difference between EDGE LED and DIRECT LED? Does the former have better picture quality or just lower power consumption??
I am open to SONY, SAMSUNG, LG, PANASONIC, PHILIPS and TOSHIBA (in decreasing order of preference) only.
I have done some researching and have come up with a few models that I am considering.
My budget is 35-40K (max).

1. SAMSUNG
i) UA32EH6030R @ MRP 45K (my favourite at the moment because of its 3D capabilities)
ii) UA32EH5000R @ MRP 35K

2. LG
i) 32LS4600 @ MRP 43.9K
ii) 32LV3500 @ MRP 40K

(Both these LG Models seem to have exactly the same specs and features, so what is the difference between the two??)

3. SONY KDL-32 EX650 @ MRP 47.9K (though I think that this is beyond my budget)

4. Panasonic TH-L32E5D

What is your opinion about these models?
Are there any other models that I should be considering apart from the ones mentioned above??
Any kind of help will always be highly appreciated!
Thanks a lot Guys!!! :)

I was looking to buy a 32 LED and after extensive research I was able to find samsung UA32EH5300 with SVPA panel. Its a great TV with all smart functions and Full HD and surprisingly at a lesser price of 32eh5000. Only @ 29k. Great Deallll.

Initially I shortlisted 32EH5000 with FHD and 32EH4500 with Smart functiion but 32EH5300 is combination of both at a dirt cheap price.

Top Bottom