Samsung tries its hand at poaching disgruntled Symbian devs for Bada

pauldmps

Banned
Source: Samsung tries its hand at poaching disgruntled Symbian devs for Bada -- Engadget

*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/03/samsung-bada-symbian-india.jpg

We can't help but feel like this is one sinking ship coming to the aid of another, but for what it's worth, Samsung has apparently started emailing Symbian developers in India with a very simple message: "if you're unhappy about what's going on, give Bada a shot." Sammy, of course, is referring to Nokia's decision to slowly phase out Symbian over the course of roughly 150 million additional shipped handsets -- not a small quantity, granted, but the platform's still got a definitive expiration timeline attached to it now that's undoubtedly going to sour devs who want a mobile platform that they know will be around for the long haul. Though Bada doesn't have the global traction that Symbian enjoys, it's definitely geared to target some of the same low-end market segments Symbian was starting to gun for over the past couple years... so we suppose we see some synergy. Still, if it were our engineering dollars, we'd be hard-pressed not to target a platform with a little more multi-manufacturer support and worldwide reach -- Android, for instance. Can't blame Samsung for trying!

azzu

AJJU
not a bad move by Samsung , i should say..
lets see how many of Fishe's(developers) they catch

evewin89

In the zone
samsung is a company who wants to be NO.1 in each and every product it produces......so again its a very wise move by the "korean giant"

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes. a 3 way attack: Bada for low cost smartphones, Win Phone7 for business users mainly & Android for the rest. & the Corby feature phone for the entry level.

azzu

AJJU
^ i would like to see that corby feature phone totally out of this equation and rather add..
low cost bada (or even the good-old symbian which is better than Corby's Os)
and rest u stated is perfect ,
but i guess business users are also attracted much towards Andro

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^ i would like to see that corby feature phone totally out of this equation and rather add..
low cost bada (or even the good-old symbian which is better than Corby's Os)
and rest u stated is perfect ,
but i guess business users are also attracted much towards Andro

actually what i feel is Bada is a touch mobile. so those who don't require/want touchscreen, Corby is a good choice. also Corby is a text phone. so Bada mayn't make a very good choice.

& Guru for the cheap DualSim mobiles.

^^ Also a high-end dumbphone - Star, which makes no sense at all.

true. absolutely true. Star is a dumb mobile. when Bada works so well & is fun to use, why go with a Java touch mobile.

azzu

AJJU
actually what i feel is Bada is a touch mobile. so those who don't require/want touchscreen, Corby is a good choice. also Corby is a text phone.
corby text , and corby pro(which has slide out qwerty)
only those two corby phones have keypads in corby series and i can definetly say ..
symbian s60 or atleast s40 is better os' than that of corby's

Guru for the cheap DualSim mobiles.
Agree with u here

Top Bottom