Samsung Star-- JAVA Apps problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, how do we install Java games/apps in Samsung STAR?

Whenever i try to open .JAR and .JAD files it says "file type not supported" although third party pre loaded apps like Google Maps work nicely.

The guy in this site seems to have a solution using TKFileExplorer -*kartikgajetech.blogspot.com/
But the problem is that TKFileExplorer cannot detect my Samsung Star.In the PORT drop down menu nothing comes.Something SHOULD come like the picture below

*2.bp.blogspot.com/_m6YbKcEqcDU/SkSWGQdmRpI/AAAAAAAAAW0/EDfAb-wodtQ/s320/com+settings.png
Is there an alternative way to make java apps work on Samsung Star ??

PraKs

Youngling
I cancelled plan to take Star bcoz of damn poor support of apps.

even a basic SE supports JAR so nicely

raj_in

In the zone
u jst need to updrage the firmware if u r too lazy not their fault
guess u will jst hav to waste ur time charging the phone bcoz this samsung batteries are way better,,,,,,,,, :)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Wat?? you need a firmware update to make apps run?? What kind of a phone is that?? And yea. No phone executes java better than SE. Comparing other manufacturers to SE on java implementation is baseless.

Tamoghno

Padawan
@ dreamcatcher ,
Stop se ass licking in every post , it was about samsung star , not se.

@ raj

Do you mean with latest firmware we can just open .jar files in phone to run it ? also will it run smoothly ? I'm skeptical since even mighty omnia hd have crappy java support.

raj_in

In the zone
sorry for the late response was out of town yeah i hav the new firmware & installed apps & games all working fine,,,,,,,,:)

sujoyp

Grand Master
can I ask how can we play java games without D-pad...do we get touch buttons

and if we play 320x240 res game on 640x360 res will it be fine or wont be able to play

raj_in

In the zone
i dont knw abt the resolutions
but the games hav controls acc. to the games itself
sometimes a virtual keypad is provides
sometimes u hav to touch the screen

Tamoghno

Padawan
@ raj

Does the new firmware allows to install java files by copy pasting , like nokia or se or do you still need special softwares ?

Btw , any other improvement in new firmware ?

raj_in

In the zone
yeah jst copy paste then when u click on the jar file it prompts to install
new improvements are a completly new main menu.......new widget etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom