[Views] Samsung RMA experience (Samsung SA350H monitor))

CitizenVish

Broken In
Again, this is long overdue. When I bought my PC on 07-Nov-2011, I noticed that the monitor had a thin vertical line of dead pixels running along the left side.

I called up Samsung's customer care and "tried troubleshooting." Finally, they agreed to send the engineer for a look, provided I had a bill. Due to some issue, the monitor was missing from the bill I had with me for my rig. I got the bill, and asked the customer care to send the engineer in.

The engineer came in the afternoon, when I was at work, and confirmed the issue (he too was a bit reluctant though). Once done, he agreed to replace the panel as soon as possible, but asked me to use the existing monitor as it was. Since they did not have any spares in the existing inventory, I had a to wait for a few days before a replacement was done. Things have been fine since then.

In all, I was rather satisfied with the service but the reluctance on both the customer care's and the engineer's parts were weird.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Define "reluctance". Seems to me like they said they'll replace it... did you get a complaint number? If so, seems like pretty normal service to me...

sukant

Fragholic
I think its good on their part letting you have keep your existing monitor rather than take it away and make you wait for the new stocks , which many service centre tend to do these days.
Your existing monitor despite the vertical line was atleast usable till the time,

OP
C

CitizenVish

Broken In
Raaabo

It took me quite some time to convince the guy on the phone; he seemed to be in too much hurry to simply hang up and blame the "software." The engineer who came in to my house, despite the visual evidence, was blaming it on the software or graphics card.

sukant

I was very relieved with that, to be honest.

Top Bottom