Samsung P2370 + HD 6850 display issue

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I recently bought a new pc with config - i-5 2400 + Intel H67BL + Sapphire 6850 graphics card + Corsair 450vx and samsung p2370 monitor; Win 7 HP 64bit OS.

After using the machine for a few minutes, the display on the monitor either goes blank or only a white screen appears. Only restart solves the problem.

I have installed the drivers that came with the mobo, graphics card, monitor. No updates are available. I have tried using hdmi cable as well but even that didnt help.

The monitor goes blank any time irrespective of what i am doing - like during software installation, browsing, system rating menu.

Since i use wireless kb, cant check if the system has hung.

So what can be the issue here - monitor / graphics card / mobo?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I've got a feeling that this might be a
graphics card problem. If you can, try
the monitor on another PC, which
should confirm it one way or another.

Also, try reducing refresh rate of monitor.

Bios update may also be required

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@thetechfreak

Cant reduce refresh rate of monitor. The system works fine in safe mode.

The problem definitely occurs if I try to play videos. Have tried the monitor on other system and it works fine there.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
I recently bought a new pc with config - i-5 2400 + Intel H67BL + Sapphire 6850 graphics card + Corsair 450vx and samsung p2370 monitor; Win 7 HP 64bit OS.

After using the machine for a few minutes, the display on the monitor either goes blank or only a white screen appears. Only restart solves the problem.

I have installed the drivers that came with the mobo, graphics card, monitor. No updates are available. I have tried using hdmi cable as well but even that didnt help.

The monitor goes blank any time irrespective of what i am doing - like during software installation, browsing, system rating menu.

Since i use wireless kb, cant check if the system has hung.

So what can be the issue here - monitor / graphics card / mobo?

GET THE LATEST GFX CARD DRIVERS FROM HERE -

AMD Graphics Drivers & Software – Download the latest drivers for your graphics products

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^did you remove the previous drivers completely?
use guru 3d driver sweeper. Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
and then do a fresh clean install of new drivers.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ Akshay

I think its a gpu vram issue. Some sectors in the vram of your card are corrupt. When the gpu is trying to fetch data from these corrupted sectors, the screen i.e display goes off.

Doing some gpu intensive tasks are leading towards it. Give your gpu for RMA. It will be replaced.

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@vicky

Even if I dont do graphics intensive tasks like browsing files on the computer leads to monitor going blank. Have been doing some research on it and getting contradictory views.. some say it may be on account on RAM (I am using GSkill 2X2 GB 1333mhz RAM) while others have similar view like urs.... Some say underclocking of the card may help (which I have no clue about how to do)

totally confused... havent even used the machine properly and I am already facing these issues :(

Some ppl are making statements about sapphire being the culprit as well....

If I disable the card from device manager, the system runs fine.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ Akshay

Then i think i have pinpointed the issue correctly. Disabling your gpu means the igp is running fine and so are your system rams. If rams get corrupt then the system will restart instead of just the screen going blank.

You can underclock your gpu by using msi afterburner or evga precision but they won't help at all cause thats not the issue. Get your gpu replaced as its under warranty and your problems will be solved. Simple:smile:.

About sapphire , its a great board maker and definitely is not the culprit. Things like these happen with almost all board makers including asus, msi ,gigabyte, evga, powercolor, zotac,palit etc. Company offers 3 years warranty and they will replace your faulty card without any fuss. Just take the original bill and go to the dealer from where you purchased or go to sapphire's service centre cum distributor in your city.

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Thnx vicky... tried drivesweeper, uninstalling, reinstalling latest drivers... everything failed.. will return the card to primeabgb.. Have come across several people posting similar issues with sapphire 6850 (other brands dont have as many complaints as sapphire)... so will check if I can get other brand

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
btw SMC had recommended MSI instead of Sapphire coz they seem to have received lots of complaints for sapphire.

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Thnx Jaskanwar... wasnt aware of that...

I mite try and ask for card upgrade instead of replacement and was wondering about 560ti or 6950 (whichever is cheaper and silent - below Rs.15k) and will suit my config above without any other upgrade (esp. PSU).. Don't want to start a new thread for that so asking here. Any suggestions?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ My suggestion will be to get the Msi gtx 560 Twin frozr II @ 14.5K. You might get it at cheaper prices locally. Its more than enough for full hd gaming.

But if you want to game at higher resolutions especially in multimonitor setups, them gigabyte 6950 2gb @ 16.5k including taxes will be a good deal. It also has a high shader unlocking rate and can be unlocked to a 6970.

If you can't up your budget that much, then stick with the 560-ti.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
My suggestion-
vickybat said:
^^ My suggestion will be to get the Msi gtx 560 Twin frozr II @ 14.5K. You might get it at cheaper prices locally.
Its more than enough for full hd
gaming.
Simply because you can oc it to level of more expensive 6950 due to good cooling solution.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Thnx Jaskanwar... wasnt aware of that...

I mite try and ask for card upgrade instead of replacement and was wondering about 560ti or 6950 (whichever is cheaper and silent - below Rs.15k) and will suit my config above without any other upgrade (esp. PSU).. Don't want to start a new thread for that so asking here. Any suggestions?

sapphire 6950 1gb is there for 14.3k.

otherwise even a sapphire 6950 2gb for 15.8k is more futureproof for its 2gb frame buffer. and you can unlock full 6970 shaders on 2gb 6950. chances are high :)

My suggestion-
Simply because you can oc it to level of more expensive 6950 due to good cooling solution.

6950 1gb is cheaper!

Last edited:
OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Finally got Sapphire 6850 Toxic for Rs.800/- difference... They were not ready to budge below 15k for 560ti

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Ok thats great friend. Now plug in the card and let us know about your previous issues.

Top Bottom