[Views] Samsung Monitor RMA

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Call id : Closed

From the last week my Samsung B2230 monitor started showing backlight bleeding and this issue has increased over time and is very annoying to look at movies, games specially the dark/black scenes. So on 26th Feb I've called up the samsung helpline and they agreed to send a technician to look over this matter.

monitor's photo :
*i50.tinypic.com/jgilco.jpg

Now the technician ( Chanchal Sarkar ) paid his visit on the same day ( 26 th Feb ) and first he was reluctant about this issue and said blacklight bleeding is normal. When I said I've not seen such issue on 20/24 inch LCD monitors he said it's normal for 22 inch panels. But when I said blacklight bleeding normally won't increase a lot just in a week he examined the monitor nearly for an hour and agreed to replace the panel.

Now he came with a replacement panel on the next day ( 27 Th Feb ). Installed it but the replacement panel was defective and has lots of visible color banding issue and was even worser than the panel in my monitor.

He re-checked the panel but before doing that he grabbed the monitor so forcefully he dropped my keyboard on the floor and the way he tested the monitor : he put in the live power plug into the monitor without even first turning off the main power source ( even after my warning not to do so ) and 2-3 times it generated visible spark and without even turning off the monitor he connected the DVI cable into the monitor. Such clumsy quality of work !

Now the Technician said the panel he brought is not compatible so he will have to pay another visit and someone from samsung may call me.

Now no one from Samsung has called me yet about panel replacement or anything but I really want some other Samsung service rep. to do this job and do it as fast as possible.

I'm just wondering how come they recruit such ignorant people and how come they send a incompatible panel as replacement ? and finally, how long the whole process might take ?

BTW, tried to check the status of my RMA using their online service feature but every time I try it's showing no record found...

saswat23

Human Spambot
Why don't you call up their C.Care and tell them about this matter.
I always thought Backlight Bleeding was normal. :-?

Well after reading this, I checked my monitor for backlight bleeding closing all doors and windows and switching off all lights.
I too am having such an issue. So, should I RMA my monitor?

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I own Samsung B2230 by looking at the the pics i think its normal.

See the pic below
*i.imgur.com/EqB2xtT.jpg

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
All TN panels do that to my knowledge in some form or the other. I've heard certain e-ips panels do that as they're meant to be replacing TN panels, but I am not entirely sure about it.

quicky008

Technomancer
I'm sorry to hear about your predicament topgear.I too had faced a similar issue with the technician who had replaced the LCD panel of my Samsung monitor-in my case,the technician was utterly incompetent and seemed to know nothing about repairing lcd monitors-he tried to open the plastic cabinet of my monitor using a lot of force and scratched it severely in the process.I was really angry at the way he handled my monitor and complained to samsung about the same,but was told that its absolutely normal for the back panel to get scratched to some extent when it was being opened and there was nothing they could do about it,so the matter had to be dropped.You can read all about it here:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/169411-what-policy-does-samsung-india-have-dead-pixels.html

It seems the technicians who work for samsung are not properly trained and therefore they do their jobs recklessly and the only people who suffer because of this are their customers.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know a little bit of backlight bleeding is normal for LCD panels but it should not be increasing in a week only and actually not at only the bottom part of the monitor showed such symptom but it was on all of the four sides of the monitor ( started from the bottom part first ).

Anyway, Tried the online chat option on Samsung website but there was no chat rep. even at 11.30 AM so finally called up their CC ( and mailed them as well ) .. got a hold of the level 2 support team and explained everything. Now the CC guy was very polite and said a service engineer shall visit my place before 8 PM .. now the same guy called me and came before 3 PM and replaced the panel. This time the guy was very co-operative and handled everything nicely. So overall the RMA experience with Samsung is satisfactory but there should be some rep. for chat online or else why ws that option is on the website, right ?

Anyway, Thanks for your reply guys and here comes the pic :

*i47.tinypic.com/29wwi0l.jpg

quicky008

Technomancer
I'm glad to hear that your problem has finally been sorted out-can you tell me how i can get in touch with their level 2 support team as well?I'd like to inform them about my problem and see if they can do anything to help me.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
just tell them you want to talk with their supervisor or someone senior.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Good that you got new monitor. I am also using the same piece. :) May be we should create a B2230 group :p lol

Top Bottom