Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Review

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Congrats for S3 & good review..how much is the price?

also isn't the spelling wrong in weather widget "jullundur"?

sach1000rt

Journeyman
Signal reception can be solved by flashing the appropriate modems as suggested on xda forum. I think sammy is working on firmware update on those issues. And luckily i havent got any black spots on my screen.

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Congrats for S3 & good review..how much is the price?

also isn't the spelling wrong in weather widget "jullundur"?

Stupid accu weather widget doesn't have updated name for my city, cant help it :)

Price was 36.5k locally.

Signal reception can be solved by flashing the appropriate modems as suggested on xda forum. I think sammy is working on firmware update on those issues. And luckily i havent got any black spots on my screen.

Lucky you are not having any spots :) Flashing a custom rom is out of question for many users out there including me. I might indulge in rooting and installing custom roms later on but not at the moment.

Where did you read that Samsung is working on an update for these issues? Post link please :D

sach1000rt

Journeyman
on same xda forum, thread with black spot issue - Galaxy S3 BLACK INK Spots HELP!! - xda-developers
thread with signal reception issue - samsung galaxy s3 signal problem - xda-developers

And thats the price i got it too.

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
That was the first thread i read when i googled my problem immediately after finding it out. Dissapointing at first, but not really a big problem.

And link for update news? I already know Jelly Bean is in developement, but any other update rolling out soon? Tell me about it.

ECE0105

In the zone
Got myself a white one too. Yesterday. 36.9k in Bengaluru.
Haven't tried out all those Synthetic Benchmarks, but yeah, I am dissapointed with the Lag in the Touchwiz, specially since this is mentioned as the Best SmartPhone money can buy right now, by several of the geek sites...
I'm a first time Android user. Still getting a hang of things. I thought this was common to all, but after looking at this review, I guess my dissapointment was not unwarranted after all....

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Nice review.

BTW, My brother bought S3 a week ago and so i get a chance to use it for that weekend. So here's my short review on that, with my 2 days of complete, rough usage. I also used HTC One X for a week, which i borrowed from my colleague.

Build : HTC One X wins, without any doubt here. I don't like the same plasticy feel for a 37k phone. And the back cover was easily prone to scratches. He has to buy an Case for that, to make the surface scratch-free.

Package - Seriously, no cable for TV Viewing. I mean for 37k, they gave us some Sagar hotel dosa, but what we expected is an Start hotel dosa. Shitty package, and same as my I9003. WTF!!!

Screen - One word, Awesome! I love it and especially for games and movies.

UI - Same shitty, yet bit improved Samsung UI. Told my bro to update it, but he refused as he is very scared of installing new one.

Camera - Good. But you cannot declare it as excellent. Although, ability to take pictures while recording video is nice inclusion.

Browsing - Big screen, crispy and clear text make browsing a breeze.

Battery - Even with such medium-hard usage, it lasted for a day, which is more that good for me.

Sound - Good, but the loudspeaker is a bit crampy and not clear.

Calling - Good.

Overall : 4/5

Still i feel like, my brothers been ripped off. I advised him to go with HTC One X, but he is coherent in choosing S3, for no reason. And if i get a chance to buy one, i'd definitely go with One X.

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Got myself a white one too. Yesterday. 36.9k in Bengaluru.
Haven't tried out all those Synthetic Benchmarks, but yeah, I am dissapointed with the Lag in the Touchwiz, specially since this is mentioned as the Best SmartPhone money can buy right now, by several of the geek sites...
I'm a first time Android user. Still getting a hang of things. I thought this was common to all, but after looking at this review, I guess my dissapointment was not unwarranted after all....

I too, started up as an android user with this phone. And dude, TouchWiz redraw will be fixed with coming Jelly Been update :D Almost all the problems at the moment will be fixed with the upcoming patch, so cheer it up!

Nice review.

BTW, My brother bought S3 a week ago and so i get a chance to use it for that weekend. So here's my short review on that, with my 2 days of complete, rough usage. I also used HTC One X for a week, which i borrowed from my colleague.

Build : HTC One X wins, without any doubt here. I don't like the same plasticy feel for a 37k phone. And the back cover was easily prone to scratches. He has to buy an Case for that, to make the surface scratch-free.

Package - Seriously, no cable for TV Viewing. I mean for 37k, they gave us some Sagar hotel dosa, but what we expected is an Start hotel dosa. Shitty package, and same as my I9003. WTF!!!

Screen - One word, Awesome! I love it and especially for games and movies.

UI - Same shitty, yet bit improved Samsung UI. Told my bro to update it, but he refused as he is very scared of installing new one.

Camera - Good. But you cannot declare it as excellent. Although, ability to take pictures while recording video is nice inclusion.

Browsing - Big screen, crispy and clear text make browsing a breeze.

Battery - Even with such medium-hard usage, it lasted for a day, which is more that good for me.

Sound - Good, but the loudspeaker is a bit crampy and not clear.

Calling - Good.

Overall : 4/5

Still i feel like, my brothers been ripped off. I advised him to go with HTC One X, but he is coherent in choosing S3, for no reason. And if i get a chance to buy one, i'd definitely go with One X.

Nice review S3 is way better than one x :)

Good short review mate :) Even I clarrified this in my review. One X vs S3, is totally a user's choice. :D

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Man, Nice Review.

I also got a chance to toy around with it. Loved it.

You should have written something about your experience with S-Voice. I liked it very much.

anoopjylive

Broken In
About the dark spot issue i too have the same.I think almost all the s3 users have this same issue.But i am living with it.Because only if you look for it you find it.And once you find it you will get a little regret that after spending this amount this aint supposed to happen.Anyway nothing comes perfect in this world.lol. So people with S3 please dont look for them, ink spots, if you haven't noticed them.Its a very common thing as far as AMOLEDs are concerned.Might as well soon be listed as a feature of the AMOLED screens..lol..
And i have already seen worse cases on Moto RAZRs when i checked some forums.So i think we got pretty lucky. :D

Last edited:

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@desiJATT Nice review!!! How is the mail system in S3. I am considering moving from iphone to S3 and I am only worried about how good or bad email app is (Not the gmail app).

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
nice review buddy...liked the way u've mentioned all users' demanding points.. short n decent review..:) btw upload some camera shots if u can..:) i also would like to know, did u use USB OTG cable?? do samsung provide it in a package??

Last edited:
Top Bottom