Samsung Galaxy S II

hsnayvid

Journeyman
Aaah finally got mine in the morning from Noida @ 29K !! :)
Btw, quite surprised as there is no screen guard provided! Plus, there is no MHL as well.
In fact there are no accessories at all! :p

hey mayank.. where did u get is from?? here in ghaziabad.. no one is quoting below 31... :(

abhijeet2021

Broken In
Hello

Am a bit off topic here loving my S2 each day. Now a question can someone quote me list of apps and games which can truely prove this beast worthiness. Thanks and GOD BLESS SAMSUNG!!!!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 - xda-developers
OR
Android Maket
:)
Hello

Am a bit off topic here loving my S2 each day. Now a question can someone quote me list of apps and games which can truely prove this beast worthiness. Thanks and GOD BLESS SAMSUNG!!!!

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
no screen guard required dude..gorilla glass..
Nonetheless i still care bro! The screen is so lovely!

Buddy No branded cell phone company provides a screen guard....
Dont know about that. But came with Sony Xperia ARC! Bought for my sis last month. :)
Btw, came with lots of accessories as well!

Nope, wrong. Gorilla Glass is Scratch resistant not scratch proof. I'd always recommend applying a scratch guard on that beautiful screen.
True and point well made!

Congrats and Welcome to GS II family.
But didn't you receive the leather pouch at least?
Thanks pal. My first android phone and what a gr8 phone it is. Loving it. I thought that loudspeaker volume would be a problem as i was using Omnia HD previously. But, it seemed alright and just perfect for usage. Brilliant screen and perfect colors reproduction.
I haven't noticed that yellowish demon on the screen so far..! :p
Does that happen on particular background colors only?

And yeah came with leather pouch in package. Nice looking pouch and catches lot of attention as well! :D

hey mayank.. where did u get is from?? here in ghaziabad.. no one is quoting below 31... :(
Sanchar World, Atta Market, Sec-18, Noida.

So, closed the deal finally for 28,800 INR!! :) Got screen guard as well for 150 bucks.
Now looking for a Class 6 Micro SD. Asked the dealer about it.
Btw, i am using Class 2 Sandisk 8GB card on phone and so far no problems. I hope thats ok, as i haven't encounter any issues yet.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks pal. My first android phone and what a gr8 phone it is. Loving it. I thought that loudspeaker volume would be a problem as i was using Omnia HD previously. But, it seemed alright and just perfect for usage. Brilliant screen and perfect colors reproduction.
I haven't noticed that yellowish demon on the screen so far..! :p
Does that happen on particular background colors only?

And yeah came with leather pouch in package. Nice looking pouch and catches lot of attention as well! :D
Yes, the Yellowish tint can be seen if background is Grey and also if brightness is set at Auto or Low.
For loudspeaker sound enhancement you can try to edit and increase the volume a bit by inputting *#197328640#. Though Omnia HD was a phone capable of producing sound of some awesome calibre from it's Stereo speakers, so it's basically unbeatable and not possible from I9100. Anyway enjoy the beast at it's full extent.
And you are welcome.
Regards.

hsnayvid

Journeyman
Sanchar World, Atta Market, Sec-18, Noida.

So, closed the deal finally for 28,800 INR!! :) Got screen guard as well for 150 bucks.
Now looking for a Class 6 Micro SD. Asked the dealer about it.
Btw, i am using Class 2 Sandisk 8GB card on phone and so far no problems. I hope thats ok, as i haven't encounter any issues yet.

Thanks mayank.. will check it out on sunday..

msaiashwin

Journeyman
Guys has the yellow screen issue been fixed? any word from samsung on this?

Just asking because I am waiting for my piece from the last two weeks and the univercell guy told me that they are awaiting new stocks...

Final check how is the galaxy s II compared to the sensation? The sensation is priced around 32.5k(inclusive of taxes and insurance) whereas the galaxy s II is 31.5k..

Terabyte

In the zone
@ashwin : Its all about preferences here.
You want solid build, premium looks and the HTC Sense UI which is too good compared to crappy TouchWiz UI then get Sensation.
If you want the phone with best multimedia capabilities and the best camera phone and SAMOLED Plus then SGSII is for you.
Hope this helped ;)

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
Got mine last friday from ebay.in for 29,490 with free shipping. Absolutely loving it. So far haven't noticed the yellow tinge issue, though the fone does get a little warm during continous usage. Battery backup is also pretty good, not like wat people are reporting. Mine lasts over 1.5 days with moderate usage. I personally felt that the touch response is better than even the iphones. Navigation in the menu is silky smooth. Now on the look out for good apps for it.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Got mine last friday from ebay.in for 29,490 with free shipping. Absolutely loving it. So far haven't noticed the yellow tinge issue, though the fone does get a little warm during continous usage. Battery backup is also pretty good, not like wat people are reporting. Mine lasts over 1.5 days with moderate usage. I personally felt that the touch response is better than even the iphones. Navigation in the menu is silky smooth. Now on the look out for good apps for it.
Congrats and Welcome to GS II family.
Don't get bothered by that Yellowish tint problem as you will hardly notice it. And don't forget to post here about the good apps you find.
Regards.
PS- Read in XDA that KF3 is out in Kies and available for upgrade. Don't have the PC atm but gonna check it as soon as I get it back.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
can phones be exchanged at hotspot???
and u got 5k off:shock: for a old 5800
Yep 5K for a old 5800XM! I was pleased to hear that and made sure to sell it then. :)
And apologies for mentioning it wrong. It was actually from The Mobile Store (GIP). But whatever, may it be Hot Spot or TMS, makes no difference! :p

Don't get bothered by that Yellowish tint problem as you will hardly notice it.
I haven't really noticed that yellowish tint on gray backgrounds yet! :|

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I haven't really noticed that yellowish tint on gray backgrounds yet! :|
That is really difficult to notice unless someone has no work to do with his/her phone but only find and trying hard to find that tint, which is very lol-able stuff.

Anyway, it's recorded a record sale already without hitting US, and I am one of those damn proud owner of GS II,
Galaxy S II breaks Samsung's records, sells 3 million in 55 days - GSMArena.com news

Also I've updated mine to latest XWKF3 with baseband KE4 which popped up in Kies two days back. Battery back up is gotten better, Swype also got an upgrade, other things I don't notice yet, when I do I'll post back here.
Regards.

Top Bottom