Samsung Galaxy S II

Jayanth.M.P

Journeyman
I am waiting to buy SGS II, but for that I have to first sell my 4 month old DHD.....any suggestions guys ?... which is the best place to do so ?
(I live in Bangalore)

hsnayvid

Journeyman
well it there is the yellow screen issue.. i'll stay away.. it aint a cheap phone...
seriously considering lgo2x now..

will buy once i return to india.. by then it should be easily available.

Soumik

Padawan
^ y lgo2x??? Sensation's available at same price as SGS II. If for some reason the negligible yellow tinge bothers you, get Sensation. :)

hsnayvid

Journeyman
^^ have my heart set on lgo2x.. i m sure the yellow tint will not be an issue.. just looking for a reason to go with lgo2x..
will make my final decision once i see both sets.. lemme check sensation as well..

greenh0rn

Right off the assembly line
! Can you please take a photo in macro mode regarding that. Use this site if you already don't know at Auto Brightness to confirm the Yellowish tiny, - jsFiddle demo
On mine I really can't see it, may be it's there may be not.

Happy to report that I'm in the same situation, can't determine whether the tint is there (it looks like it's there, but not 100% sure). In any case, it's so mild and subtle that I haven't lost even a second's sleep over it. My big issue right now is only about battery - which seems to drain like a leaky tap. And no, i don't want suggestions to turn off radios and keep the phone in idle mode forever, I bought it to play with it, not as an expensive paper weight.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Happy to report that I'm in the same situation, can't determine whether the tint is there (it looks like it's there, but not 100% sure). In any case, it's so mild and subtle that I haven't lost even a second's sleep over it. My big issue right now is only about battery - which seems to drain like a leaky tap. And no, i don't want suggestions to turn off radios and keep the phone in idle mode forever, I bought it to play with it, not as an expensive paper weight.

I guess you are running on KE8 and that's the best firmware till now to save battery. And no, putting it in idle all time isn't a good justice for it :), but do make sure that, GPS is Off when not in use, Auto Sync is OFF, these two things do drain battery quickly and some others also.
To betterment of battery back up yesterday I purchased Set CPU app from market, but till now it's draining more battery than stock! Oops, may be I am not yet used with the app yet :)

Reactions: ico

msaiashwin

Journeyman
guys finally should I buy the galaxy s II or the sensation? The galaxy s II is better in all other aspects but the sensation is somewhat better in looks and the HTC sense really looks good. Finally which is the better buy?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
guys finally should I buy the galaxy s II or the sensation? The galaxy s II is better in all other aspects but the sensation is somewhat better in looks and the HTC sense really looks good. Finally which is the better buy?
The Sensation isn't a true competitor of GS II. But if you like its design then who is stopping you? But if I were given the choice then undoubtedly I'd go for the I9100 :)

**UPDATE**

Firmware XWKF1 is released. It is still 2.3.3. You can download it from samfirmware.com. It's not available in Kies yet.

elton_1991

Broken In
Hi guy!
Just got back to india from my singapore vacation anddd...got a GS2 from there two days ago!:grin: I it got for 802 SGD and sold off my Wave to my cousin for RS.13000..Totally worth it and completely in love with this baby :p

Last edited:

hsnayvid

Journeyman
hey guys,

i have got a inr1000 coupon to but this phone on indiaplaza.. anyone interested??

*www.indiaplaza.com/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-mobiles-mob04052011samgal01-10.htm

should cost you 28990 after discount..

msaiashwin

Journeyman
Guys I booked my Galaxy S II at univercell(Vizag) by paying an advance of 1000. The final price i am getting it for is 31000(with Insurance(3%)). He said he would give me the handset in next 3-4 days.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
I got mine on the 27th of May. Till date have tried almost all the custom roms and the stock roms (except XWKF1).
Felt that Ke8 is the best rom till now.
Thinking bout flashing to XWKF1.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Aaah finally got mine in the morning from Noida @ 29K !! :)
Btw, quite surprised as there is no screen guard provided! Plus, there is no MHL as well.
In fact there are no accessories at all! :p

ithehappy

Human Spambot
no screen guard required dude..gorilla glass..
Nope, wrong. Gorilla Glass is Scratch resistant not scratch proof. I'd always recommend applying a scratch guard on that beautiful screen.

Aaah finally got mine in the morning from Noida @ 29K !! :)
Btw, quite surprised as there is no screen guard provided! Plus, there is no MHL as well.
In fact there are no accessories at all! :p
Congrats and Welcome to GS II family.
But didn't you receive the leather pouch at least?

Top Bottom